Is a emotiva worth it?

Dengnath

I currently am running two rf-82iis off of a parasound hca1000a thats putting out 125 w rms a channel....

I am looking at upgrading amps but can decide on what to do?

Add a parasound 1500a for the fronts and use the 1000a for my center?

Get a emotiva xpa-3 and power the fronts and my center?

Get a emotiva xpa-2 for the fronts and use the parasound for my center?

Or just break down and get the Xpa-5?

Or i might just be heading in the total wrong direction here, is it worth giving up a quality parasound for emotiva?

I'm a fan of Parasound, they make good amps. but the 1000a has never been a standout amp for them.The 1500a on the other hand is a good amp and gets good reviews.I don't think you need more than 125 good watts for the 82's, which I used to own.There is nothing wrong with more power though.The good Parasound amps may be a little better than Emotivas lower priced amps, but I doubt you could tell me which is which if you did not know.

I have a 3 and it has more than enough juice for my 62's. Even if I wanted to upgrade my speakers, there still enough power. But if I had to do it over I would get the 5. I can't buy a pre-amp/ processor with out having to buy another 2 channel amp if I want to run a 5.1. I see that you already have an amp so the 3 would work just fine unless your hurting for space.

I have never heard a Parasound with my 83's.

However I have owned the XPA-2, XPA-3 and XPA-5 and have been very pleased with each amp. I bought an XPA-3 first, sold the XPA-3, upgraded to an XPA-5, then upgraded again adding the XPA-2 and two new surrounds for 7.1. I never got to do any side by side testing with the XPA-3 and XPA-2, however there is little if any difference in terms of main channel sound quality between the XPA-5 and XPA-2, they are pretty much dead even in terms of what I can hear with my ears. I imagine the results would be the same between all three amps.

The spec sheets and reviews you'll read will prove this out as well. The multi-channel XPA amps are all very comparable in terms of ratings and performance. Customer service at Emo is great. I have never heard of any horror stories, except with the XPA-1, which is a different amp all together than the multi-channel XPA series.

Dollar for dollar Emotiva multi-channel amps are the best value on the market, I refuse to buy anything else. Sure a Bryston, Parasound, Outlaw, McIntosh all might sound, look and be better products, but are they really hundreds or thousands of dollars better? I don't think so. If you can wait a bit, I think they run a XPA special sometime around this time of year that will save you a couple hundred. Also look at http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=emporium&action=display&thread=22458 The Emotiva version of the Klipsch Garage sale for good used.

I have never heard a Parasound with my 83's.

However I have owned the XPA-2, XPA-3 and XPA-5 and have been very pleased with each amp. I bought an XPA-3 first, sold the XPA-3, upgraded to an XPA-5, then upgraded again adding the XPA-2 and two new surrounds for 7.1. I never got to do any side by side testing with the XPA-3 and XPA-2, however there is little if any difference in terms of main channel sound quality between the XPA-5 and XPA-2, they are pretty much dead even in terms of what I can hear with my ears. I imagine the results would be the same between all three amps.

The spec sheets and reviews you'll read will prove this out as well. The multi-channel XPA amps are all very comparable in terms of ratings and performance. Customer service at Emo is great. I have never heard of any horror stories, except with the XPA-1, which is a different amp all together than the multi-channel XPA series.

Dollar for dollar Emotiva multi-channel amps are the best value on the market, I refuse to buy anything else. Sure a Bryston, Parasound, Outlaw, McIntosh all might sound, look and be better products, but are they really hundreds or thousands of dollars better? I don't think so. If you can wait a bit, I think they run a XPA special sometime around this time of year that will save you a couple hundred. Also look at http://emotivalounge.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=emporium&action=display&thread=22458 The Emotiva version of the Klipsch Garage sale for good used.

Big +1

forgot to quote sorry about that