What is a good Receiver for SF-1s??

TKA

Doug, I like the SF-1s fine. They are not a high priced speaker and I know that. The harshness seems to come from the past experiences with low end posts to this site. The statment was more to get a result, other wise people on this don't respond. I am assuming they do not consider the enter level Klipsch speakers to be up to the PWK standards. More suited to the Best Buy and Circuit City crowd.

Sorry for the attitude.

TKA

That's cool, TKA. It just seems lately that folks on this board are kind of losing their cool. "Board rage?"

FWIW, the Klipsch factory has a pair of either SF-1s or SP-1s (I can't remember which) in their demo home theater. We listened to them recently and they were very impressive, especially for a "low end" speaker (I wouldn't put that tag on ANY Klipsch products, actually, IMHO.)

As to your amp question, I think folks have been happy with the lower end Denon, Yamaha, NAD receivers/amps (many others, too numerous to mention).

what is your price range? I recently bought the yamaha RX-V596 for 350 from crazyeddie.com, it can drive my klf 10's easily, You could get the 496 for 275, which should be able to effortlessly drive the sf-1s (the only difference beetween the 496 and 596 are the 496 is its 70 wpc instead of 100 which is conservatively rated)

These speakers are included in that SF package you may have been hearing, I bought the package to put around some old KG2 (bookshelfs) because I didn't want towers. Now the old JVC that is running the towers is getting weak and will need replacing. Here is where it gets iffy. I am really thinking of spending $5 to $8000 on a tube set up with some Sonus Farber speakers. I would like to play with some old tube equipment with these SFs and put them in the Pool room. Sooo as you can see I did't make my first post very clear and I am sorry for that.

None the less nobody cares about this low end stuff that Klipsch puts out and thats fine, I just find that unless you get a little agressive nobody replies.

Price is not real important but this stuff would be in the humdity and solid state may be better.

Thanks

TKA

• 20 years later...

Just to add another voice here, I had a pair of SF-1s that i bought in like 2001. I think they were made in Hope, AR. I enjoyed listening to them for several years. My son now uses them in his HT setup. I think they are decent speakers.

Edited by Joe Carter
spelling

4 hours ago, Joe Carter said:

Just to add another voice here, I had a pair of SF-1s that i bought in like 2001. I think they were made in Hope, AR. I enjoyed listening to them for several years. My son now uses them in his HT setup. I think they are decent speakers.

20 years on...