So I passed up on some RF-5 Classics for $300 in the Bay Area....

bondheli

Cuss Cuss Cuss Cuss Cuss Cuss Cuss Cuss. Also, Cuss.

I was just beginning my search for a 2.0 music and HT speaker setup when I found a pair of RF-5s on craigslist for $300, but it was too early to pull the trigger. Now I feel sick because I feel like I've missed out on an opportunity of a lifetime...

I really like klipsch, I've owned klipsch, and I have fond memories of klipsch speakers that weren't my own, but I'm getting somewhat antsy and desperate.

Here is my inspiration:

I want < that in my life.

I am looking for clarity and noise free sound. Priority is violin and acoustic reproduction, and 50's, 60's and 70's music. I will say that bass is not that important to me, but the real issue is that I've never had high quality speakers and I just don't want a ton of bass with out vocal and instrumental clarity. What should I do?

Keep checking S.F. Craigslist and surrounding areas. You'll find something.

I think you are right in looking at Klipsch for the types of music you listen too.

What's your budget?

Also, you can post in the "Garage Sale" Section a "WTB" (Want to buy) S.F. Bay Area and see if you get a response.

Catch your breath, keep drinking lots of fluids and don't forget to eat. Something will turn up! [<:o)]

I'm hoping you find a pair of La Scalas, but in the bay area, housing can be a little tight, I know. But... they will impress the heck out of you![Y]

Keep us posted,

Dennie

Agree with Denny. Always something on the Sac or SF CList. Found my Forte II's, Cornwalls, and Belles there over the past few years. As to missing an opportunity there will be more. They always show. My Belle's were $600 without a mark on them. Be patient and keep looking.