Got RF-83s 2 yrs ago; just listened today

USNRET

I have had these in the surround system since day one but since the wife and kids are on a road trip I hooked them up to my 2 channel system. I left them in the same position in the living room and ran wires to the VRDs.

Wow, what a difference between systems. I really didn't like listening to music on these but now I know it was the Onkyo PR-SC5507 and Emotiva XPA-5 trying to two step in stereo and not the speakers.

I had a very bad experience with a Sony TA-E9000ES. Other folks have their own opinion but I personally will listen to my sucky Onkyo and buy some more 901's and 6 wave radios before Sony darkens my door again.

I had the common problem of dim lights / no output and sent it off to be serviced under the ES 5 year warranty. The first attempt lasted 5 minutes and I sent it back. The Sony regional service center lost this one for a month or so then told me that it wasn't covered under warranty because it was full of salt water and sand. REALLY? It left my living room via FEDEX, arrived at the service center, became lost and then it mysteriously got buried on a beach somewhere?

There will NEVER be another Sony product in my house but I am not bitter; F sony

"Rant OFF"

sorry for your bad experience with es gear, ive owned nothing but for past 8 years with no problems, the latest flagship avr 5600es is fantastic sounding with the klipsch referenceii speakers im using, ill just hope my luck with dependability holds up...