Made in (Hope Arkansas) America

Trey Cannon

Was that a Jubilee that Roy was using as a visual aid at the start of the clip?

A Klipschorn bass bin without the woofer access panels...

It took almost the entire report before the reporter Finally stopped calling the speakers "CLIPS".

I like the story Jim told us the PWK story about the lady who thought Klipsch made paper clips and wanted to work for them.. [:|] .....

• Like 1

Thanks Trey. Cool video.

How ironic is it that the Asians demand Made In USA and many in this country don't care or won't pay a few dollars more for Made In USA if what they're bying is Made In USA.

Local example here in Kokotucky, still a big union town but peanuts compared to 10 or more years ago. The owner of the local Shoe Carnival said the union people 10 years ago wouldn't pay $100 for Wolverine work boots Made In The USA but instead bought $50 make in China work boots. But expect everybody to buy cars Made in the USA, if there even is such a thing anymore.

Many, if not most of these same workers, often with little more than a high school education, routinely made over $100,000 a year. While many engineers working alongside them never made $100,000 a year.

Delphi E&S (Electronics and Safety) formerly Delco Electronics which used to have a very large 24 x 7 manufacturing presense turned all of the automotive component and related manufacturing over to GM as GMCH (General Motors Components Holding) which is miniscule by comparsion. I think Delphi's only manufacturing in town is now a small plant elsewhere in town staffed by temp agency employees to build batteries for compoenents for hybrid car batteries or someting like that.

Delphi E&S is investing about $25 million in new engineering facilities to repalce the old facilities now owned by GMCH so all is not lost.

[H] It would be cool to see the small electronics (Klipsch computer speakers, headphones, etc) Klipsch has, come home to be made in Hope. I know that would never happen, but who knows??

BTW, I just got a new cover for my wifes work phone, the otter box. Since when are they made in china??? Well at least the cover I got her is assembled in USA, wow [bs]

Cool It would be cool to see the small electronics (Klipsch computer speakers, headphones, etc) Klipsch has, come home to be made in Hope. I know that would never happen, but who knows??

BTW, I just got a new cover for my wifes work phone, the otter box. Since when are they made in china??? Well at least the cover I got her is assembled in USA, wow PWK BS Button

I'd be thrilled if they'd find a way to make all speakers in Hope. And while I'm dreaming, how about putting real wood veneer on all speakers? Remember back in the day when even inexpensive Radio Shack speakers come covered in walnut veneer? Today's vinyl wrapped enclosures are surprisingly good but even the best aren't close to the real thing.... especially the way Klipsch does the real thing.

• Klipsch Employees

The THX line is not coming back to the USA. It was moved out of China into the USA for the first time. The entire line is built in Hope now and we have a hard time keeping up with demand...mostly due to the time it takes to get the China made parts that go into the product.

It took the Hope team only a few days to find a better way to build the woofer cabinet....Terry W and the team are very good at what they do.

Now we are moving the build of the Palladium line to Hope for the first time.

The Pro product is taking off and we expect to see more and new products from the pro side.

• Like 2