RF52ii or WF-34

Trail_Time

Been a long time Klipsch fan. Looking for some new towers (must be small for wife's approval) for front channels. Movies/music 50/50. I have listened to the RF52 with the RC 52 front channel and was happy with the sound. The RF's do have better specs, but the WF look better. I have not had the oppportunity to listen to them. The room is large and open. If you are familiar with both .....Any thoughts or suggestions

Been a long time Klipsch fan. Looking for some new towers (must be small for wife's approval) for front channels. Movies/music 50/50. I have listened to the RF52 with the RC 52 front channel and was happy with the sound. The RF's do have better specs, but the WF look better. I have not had the oppportunity to listen to them. The room is large and open. If you are familiar with both .....Any thoughts or suggestions

I have never listened to the WFs but my vote would go to the RFs. The best thing to do is try to demo both if possible. I will say that I have never heard a Klipsch reference speaker that I haven't liked.

I would say that the rf's would be better in this case. The icon w is a good line but i think the reference line is a more refined piece of equipment. The icon w is discontinued too so i would get the ref line for the sake of ease of acquisition of components. You may also want to consider the rc-62 center channel

I would say that the rf's would be better in this case. The icon w is a good line but i think the reference line is a more refined piece of equipment. The icon w is discontinued too so i would get the ref line for the sake of ease of acquisition of components. You may also want to consider the rc-62 center channel

I'll go the opposite. I own the WF-35s and feel that they are more refined that the Klipsch RF-82s and RF-25s I own. I very much prefer them for music, however I give a notable edge to the Reference line for HT. The WC-24 is a pretty ho-hum center.

I'll go the opposite. I own the WF-35s and feel that they are more refined that the Klipsch RF-82s and RF-25s I own. I very much prefer them for music, however I give a notable edge to the Reference line for HT. The WC-24 is a pretty ho-hum center.

i thought he was looking at wf-34's for some reason and i just reread the post. I would say that they are pretty even if you compare wf-35's to the rf-52 II's. The icon w series is very musical and was a reason why i chose them as my computer speakers and as part of another secondary HT set (which on another note i am keeping for my father unless i find another stellar deal on craigslist to get him some more beefed up gear). The wc-24 is a typical clean and clear sounding smaller center IMO.

I have not listened to the WF-34 but I went shopping with my buddy for some fronts and we looked at the rf-52ii and the rf-62ii. For the extra cash I thought the 62ii sounded much better. The bass and the mids, sounded great. I felt there was more dif. btw the 52ii and 62ii then btw the 62ii and 82ii.

BUT the extra size could be the deal breaker......

The Icon W's pair with a nice compact sub should be great for music and HT. It's a toss up on which will be better,the Reference or the W's: the good part is you can't loose. The W's are elegant and will keep you a smaller footprint. They will give the highest WAF. In my hosuse, if she is happy I am happy!