Why have flat speakers if Audyssey is going to roll them off in the treble?

garyrc

• Wouldn't Audyssey have less work to do if high end speakers were already rolled off a bit in the treble?
  • Do people who use Audyssey for Home Theater tend to use it for music listening as well?
  • OR, in order to get a curve that droops a little at the extreme high end as measured from the listening chairs (which Audyssey does automatically, unless you ask for "Audyssey Flat)," isn't it necessary to have the high treble turned up a little as measured from an extreme nearfield position? In other words, doesn't nearfield with treble boosted by just the right (slight) amount correspond to flat way back in the room, due to the reflections off the walls having rolled off treble, and also correspond to slightly rolled off treble if you go an even greater distance back in the room?

due to all of this confusion (and much more) - I simply run the audyssey settings then come up with my own that sounds good to me.

There is simply too many variables and unknowns for me to get involved with or I would drive myself crazy vs just enjoying my system and I belive that is the whole reason to purchase what we have