trying to upgrade but the pickings seem to be very thin locally

leftwinger57

Hi guys, I own a set of H/D 500w the 8in pwrd sub which for h/t is fine and pairs well w/ my Yamaha RX-V665 AVR. Since I'm not that into the movie scene all that much I graduated to a 2chl sysem which will be revealed later. My main beef is that I sort of have a hard on for KLF 20S and 30s and a majority of the Heritage line. I live in Central Jersey and I've looked for months and not a single pair or a decenent priced pair of Fortes,Chorus or similar units have ever come up in my 100 mile radious. This is very disheartening and does not bode well for the Klipsch want-to -be collector. It seems that all the good pairings are far to mid west w/o the option of shipping.What's a guy to do.Yes I've tried C/L to no avail and at e-bay I always get beat out.By the time I'm ready to make a move they are gone.I once did luck out w/ getting my InfinitysSM112S FOR A WHOPPING $40 but the Polkies called them frat house party speakers. I would really like something w/ more quality behind them w/o spending a life savings,so any suggestions here.I also by my sig you will notice I'm not adversed to buying used but it seems people know what they have and are not willing to part w/ them unless an urgent matter is forcing them to part w/their here babies.

ANY ADVCE BESIDES BEING PATIENT IS NEEDED.i'M TRYING TO HAVE READY CASH TO MAKE THE MOVE......

Check craigslist and eBay for local listings often. Use http://www.searchtempest.com to search several craigslist cities at the same time. When you search type in variations of Klipsch such as Klipsh, Klipsche, etc. Its amazing how many times Klipsch is mis-spelled. Someone lists something for sale and then can't figure out why no one's interested in it so they drop the price and then you stumble across it because they don't know how to spell. Also doesn't hurt to put a wanted to buy ad in the Garage Sale section of the forum and also put one on craigslist.

Welcome! My advice is keep cash in hand, seal the deal and to not limit yourself to 100 mile radius. My longest Klipsch run so far is 24 hr non-stop round trip with 2 drivers.

Keep saving $$$ and keep looking. I found some "Just Gotta Have" speakers. Seems like it was about 1200 miles round trip in 2 days. Relief driver had to bail at the last minute. Hang in there, the right Deal will come along.

Taz

I agree that you are going to have to be willing to drive farther. At least entertain a 300 miles radius.

You radius is too small, If you get up into New England you will find some nice stuff. I think you need a willing seller that understands you want to BUY and not look. Decent photos are what is going to sell you so when you drive the 3 to 5 hours, the CASH and speakers change hands and you are on your way home and back for dinner. I am south of Boston and have done several 3 hours out and 3 hours back. I am not all that fussy on looks but I want the components to all work and sound right.

WUZZER.This is my second response to this SEARCH TEMPEST site that I again have to commend you on the giant possiblity of multiple leads that I have never seen before . Yes they are in differing cities but the options are so much better all you need is the cash and some dependable wheels.If I sound impressed ,well I am and have been telling some o fmy friends who think they are like the professor of all E-BAY and they even love it .Thanks one more time. Sorry for the drool but when I connect I'll let you know.......LD

I can't tell you how many years I waited until a pair of K-horns came along in my area. After I got them it seemed like K-horns, La Scalas, and Cornwalls showed up every other week. Be patient and set a budget. There are too many people who list these things based what they hope they are worth. I have seen too many asking $3000 plus for k-horns on Ebay and Craigslist. Try posting a wanted in the garage sale area.