I AM SHOCKED.......MADE IN CHINA !!!!....... Question for forum......

MRC2011

If Klipsch did not manufacture in China when they did, and with the models that they did...............they might not exist now. It wasn't just to make more money by taking cost out of the product, it was to compete successfully and to survive. Look at the audio companies that went out of business or that got eaten up.

I used to think I didn't agree with some of Fred's biggest decisions but the guy has been a phenominal strategist during a time when people were forced to virtually stop buying toys to save their homes. The last thing I would want to be trying to do during the last 4-5 years is trying to sell audio equipment. Klipsch figured that whole economy collapse out and made money at it.

You can see now that the Klipsch startegy to use China as/when needed but somehow afford to not stop manufacturing in the US.....was brilliant. China raises prices or has quality issues, and Klipsch still has their own factory Most other companies sold all that off and are now stuck with higher Chinese prices and quality issues.

That is true.

Wouldn't wanna play poker with Fred.

Hi I'm new here. Just a couple of days ago there was a news report about Klipsch moving production from China to back in the USA. That is how i found this forum.

"in gods image"? Lol

Yes, God made our spirit, did you think it evolved? lol Romans 10:9

Onkyo TX-9300 HTIB (want RF-7 II Home Theatre, Emotiva UMC-1, XPA-5)

If Klipsch did not manufacture in China when they did, and with the models that they did...............they might not exist now. It wasn't just to make more money by taking cost out of the product, it was to compete successfully and to survive. Look at the audio companies that went out of business or that got eaten up.

I used to think I didn't agree with some of Fred's biggest decisions but the guy has been a phenominal strategist during a time when people were forced to virtually stop buying toys to save their homes. The last thing I would want to be trying to do during the last 4-5 years is trying to sell audio equipment. Klipsch figured that whole economy collapse out and made money at it.

You can see now that the Klipsch startegy to use China as/when needed but somehow afford to not stop manufacturing in the US.....was brilliant. China raises prices or has quality issues, and Klipsch still has their own factory Most other companies sold all that off and are now stuck with higher Chinese prices and quality issues.

This is remarkable btw.

post-45280-13819688479856_thumb.jpg

by the way, this is 100% American made.

DSC_0058.JPG

haha well almost, the driver is the same as the one in this Tuba HT LP and it's made in Taiwan.

This Tuba is therefore almost 100% Australian Made, lol, and it's remarkable btw.

The mouth on the Tuba HT LP is bigger than on the Cube version. In full width build size the THT LP mouth is 17 1/2" x 35".

post-45280-13819688481276_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Take it back you are ruining the economy of Austrailia!!!Stick out tongue

No way do you guys get it back lol. I really like it. I have programmed the other one I got for the install in a house and it's so quiet we were trying to find young children to stick their heads in the horn to see if they could here anything with everything turned up full. Of course, we were not playing any music, lol. The difference between full and off with no music playing, lol, was limited to the front panel lights illuminating the room.

Don't worry you guys have definitely not lost your quality control on this one, lol.

The Ashly is in the rack to the right of the Tuba with the string of green lights.

btw the Tuba is square, the wall is not vertical and that's why there is a gap at the top, lol.

post-45280-13819688482136_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On February 12, 2012 at 9:54 PM, MRC2011 said:

OK, timeout, with all due respect, The people comment is way out of line and it offends me. This conversation is not about Chinese people, we were all created in the image of God, end of that, so chill. I think the point is being missed, This is about economics.

Klipsch speakers started out being made in America, and people paid for that product because of its superior quality. Then at some point they stated being made in China for considerably less than what they cost to make here in the US and at the same time without the quality control safeguards that were in place before. Anyone have a quality control sticker with the technicians name that built and tested a Klipsch speaker made in China? I doubt it. Did Klipsch start charging less when they contracted companies for all the cheap Chinese labor? No way! The savings was not to provide the consumer with a lower pricepoint product, but to increase profits for the company. Items are produced in China to exploit the low cost of raw materials and labor, and also to circumvent environmental and quality controls in the name of increased profits. Anyone have a high-end receiver or amp made in China? I would like to know about it. Mine were made in Japan, and I am sure many would acknowledge Japans quality in building high-end electronics.

If people ever took time to understand the process of contracting to have products made in China, and the huge profits that are milked out of evey item before they reach the US consumer, they would be apalled. I have friends in the import/export business that laugh about the huge markup on products from China. Understand that products are not made in America because the labor is too expensive, they are not made in America because of greed.

Some people might call use of a people for cheap labor, capitalism, others might call it a form of exploitation.

I would prefer to purchase used Klipsch speakers made in the US, over new Klipsch speakers made in China, now that I am aware of the difference. Although, all of the Klipsch speakers I own were made in China. Side note my old Polk speakers I retired were made in the USA.

Does anyone know when Klipsch starting selling speakers made in China?

The klipsch heritage, cornwall, hersey are some that are made in america, but they have a hefty price tag.

To stay competitive in a global market, companies and nation must use their comparative advantage.  A lot of products are from several countries if you look at the parts.  All products made in China are not inferior to American made products.  We use to say the same thing about Japan and Korea.

All the talk of job lost is not true.  import jobs are created.  I had a Cadillact that was desing in Italy, the engine was German.  China competes in the Global market and has had success not because they are the cheapest but, their products are competitive with the rest of the world.  Nothing stays the same and change is a part of evolution in civilizations. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 2/12/2012 at 9:54 PM, MRC2011 said:

OK, timeout, with all due respect, The people comment is way out of line and it offends me. This conversation is not about Chinese people, we were all created in the image of God, end of that, so chill. I think the point is being missed, This is about economics.

Klipsch speakers started out being made in America, and people paid for that product because of its superior quality. Then at some point they stated being made in China for considerably less than what they cost to make here in the US and at the same time without the quality control safeguards that were in place before. Anyone have a quality control sticker with the technicians name that built and tested a Klipsch speaker made in China? I doubt it. Did Klipsch start charging less when they contracted companies for all the cheap Chinese labor? No way! The savings was not to provide the consumer with a lower pricepoint product, but to increase profits for the company. Items are produced in China to exploit the low cost of raw materials and labor, and also to circumvent environmental and quality controls in the name of increased profits. Anyone have a high-end receiver or amp made in China? I would like to know about it. Mine were made in Japan, and I am sure many would acknowledge Japans quality in building high-end electronics.

If people ever took time to understand the process of contracting to have products made in China, and the huge profits that are milked out of evey item before they reach the US consumer, they would be apalled. I have friends in the import/export business that laugh about the huge markup on products from China. Understand that products are not made in America because the labor is too expensive, they are not made in America because of greed.

Some people might call use of a people for cheap labor, capitalism, others might call it a form of exploitation.

I would prefer to purchase used Klipsch speakers made in the US, over new Klipsch speakers made in China, now that I am aware of the difference. Although, all of the Klipsch speakers I own were made in China. Side note my old Polk speakers I retired were made in the USA.

Does anyone know when Klipsch starting selling speakers made in China?

All of the Heritage line is still made in the good ol' USA.  About 125 people just met in Hope a few months ago, toured the factory, treated the employees to lunch.  Come next year and watcheck them make email.

Travis

It would be nice to see more Klipsch products made in the USA- says the Canadian guy who didn't buy domestic made Paradigms. I look at American products much like I look at Canadian made; apples to apples as they say. The wage differential is inconsequential. Perhaps if Klipsch had the resourses to up automation and efficiencies the reference lines could be made in the States but it is a great gamble as the competitors are offshoring like crazy. At least the high end are still made in your country as are the Ohm Walsh speakers I have ordered (still going through my wood veneer selection process- they actually mail you samples of the colours in order to see them in real life!). These are strange times indeed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, derrickdj1 said:

To stay competitive in a global market, companies and nation must use their comparative advantage.  A lot of products are from several countries if you look at the parts.  All products made in China are not inferior to American made products.  We use to say the same thing about Japan and Korea.

All the talk of job lost is not true.  import jobs are created.  I had a Cadillact that was desing in Italy, the engine was German.  China competes in the Global market and has had success not because they are the cheapest but, their products are competitive with the rest of the world.  Nothing stays the same and change is a part of evolution in civilizations. 

It is the actual manufacturing jobs lost, along with those of American suppliers and their staff, transportation, warehousing etc. It does have a net effect beyond the individual company. An economy is much like an eco system. On the other hand...design and marketing jobs are kept in America as well as transportation and retailing. All in all more domestic manufacturing is the bigger bang for the buck as far as the national economy is concerned. The money spreads farther and touches more people. It is a true conundrum if your companies competitors are offshoring. A company that fails employs no one.

Edited by YK Thom
Addition thought

Was listening to BBC World News the other day and they were talking about slavery in the modern world. I was disgusted by the statistics in the 21st century no less!  The number that strikes me is 21. There are 21 million slaves today

In the UK, Parliament has passed the UK Modern Slavery Act 2015. Relevant to this thread, is the Transparency in Supply Chains Provision (TISC) provision of the law. This means that companies, at least with companies sourcing from the UK, will be establishing an infrastructure within their supply chains for recognizing compliance with anti-slavery laws. Those suppliers will then be creating their own systems for discovering noncompliance. This corporate responsibility angle on anti-slavery should prove to be very effective in reducing the slave trades. 

I'm not sure if there is any such movement in the laws of the USA, but that's no reason that domestic companies shouldn't volunteer to follow the UK's lead. Has Voxx International considered or done this? Perhaps partnering with an anti-slavery nonprofit would be a good thing: http://www.antislavery.org/english/what_you_can_do/corporate_fundraising.aspx

• Chad locked this topic