JubHeresy

big_gto

Well, why not? How do they sound?

It was a playful thought while the 402 was out of the box, lol.

For me from aesthetics, the 510 is the best choice for the Khorn, LaScala, Belle or Heresy upgrade as a 2 way configuration as the size proportions work.

For me the 402 is really for the Jubilee or the MCM.

For me the LaScala gets away with it's interesting appearance as it is reasonably compact and the sides and top are uniform. The addition of the 510 as you have has style and is my favoured external upgrade.

If I wanted a centre channel for the Jubilee, my preference would be a 510 inside a Belle. I'm going to mix the centre movie channel into the left and right Jubilee with the Ashly NE8800 as I don't consider a centre speaker will produce a better overall result when taking everything into account. I want to watch the movie and not notice the speakers.

I selected the Jubilee because as with the Khorn the compact footprint in the corner is unbeatable. There is no competition as far as I am concerned. I have always enjoyed the transient performance "speed" of the LaScala for those moments when you want a bit more with headroom to spare. For me nothing else would satisfy as 100% horn loading is the opposite to compression and exciting. For me the LaScala played at low volume is truly awesome and for me the Jubilee is without peer to further extend that experience and move into the best available speaker system that is heard and not seen.

I think it would be awesome to connect a powered sub to a Heresy to make a 4 way. Finding a 15.5" wide powered sub would be the challenge. I would think some construction adhesive and some 1/4" Baltic birch to sure up the sides would work. Send the speaker leads into the high level in's of the sub, and connect a nice permanent speaker wire from the sub outs to the Heresy in's. I would think a musical sub that does 35-80 Hz or better would be a perfect marriage.

Possibly a jumper from left to right high level inputs will be needed to make sure the sub senses the signal and turns on. I am not sure about power... Would a 12X4 speaker wire do well for power to the speaker and normal speaker input, or would there be noise?

edit: An RW-12D is 14.6", which is 7/8" narrower than the Heresy. I believe a border of 1/2" plywood would make it about exactly 15.5" wide. Some front banding, or veneer would hide the filler board, and mate the two very nicely.

...the Jubilee is without peer to further extend that experience and move into the best available speaker system that is heard and not seen.

There's some real humor there... Yes

It's true. That really happens. When I got my Belles (centre and rear centre) and asked visitors how they liked them, they couldn't find them! I actually had to point out the Belles.

"Oh, those are speakers?" is the usual response.

I think it would be awesome to connect a powered sub to a Heresy to make a 4 way. Finding a 15.5" wide powered sub would be the challenge. I would think some construction adhesive and some 1/4" Baltic birch to sure up the sides would work. Send the speaker leads into the high level in's of the sub, and connect a nice permanent speaker wire from the sub outs to the Heresy in's. I would think a musical sub that does 35-80 Hz or better would be a perfect marriage.

Possibly a jumper from left to right high level inputs will be needed to make sure the sub senses the signal and turns on. I am not sure about power... Would a 12X4 speaker wire do well for power to the speaker and normal speaker input, or would there be noise?

edit: An RW-12D is 14.6", which is 7/8" narrower than the Heresy. I believe a border of 1/2" plywood would make it about exactly 15.5" wide. Some front banding, or veneer would hide the filler board, and mate the two very nicely.

Yeah but no but yeah but no but what about a TUBA HT LP built as 72"x18"x15 1/2". Use 4 "ART SLA-2" amps with an Ashly NE8800 and then you can really play, align it, eq it.

Attach and align the Heresy to the 15.5" side of the Tuba at the mouth end with the tuba mouth down suspend them 18" above the floor in the corner. The tuba is 11 foot long inside so the time alignment is essential. It would make for a great conversation. You also have 4 stereo inputs on the NE8800 to direct connect your iPhone, iPod, iPad and iNext then play them all 1 by 1 or all together without any need for switching.

Now if you wanted to get really serious you could vertical stack a pair of Heresy on each Tuba and call it an orchestraleresy.

• Moderators

Here's a 4 way Heresy. Note that the sub needs to be very stout to keep up with the SPL a Heresy can put out.

I love that design, perfect for what your using it for, bet it sounds great and can fill a big area and without a huge footprint. [Y]

What about a form fitting frame for the bottom with wheels to make it easy to move.

• Moderators

...the Jubilee is without peer to further extend that experience and move into the best available speaker system that is heard and not seen.

There's some real humor there... Yes

It's true. That really happens. When I got my Belles (centre and rear centre) and asked visitors how they liked them, they couldn't find them! I actually had to point out the Belles.

"Oh, those are speakers?" is the usual response.

Yes it is true, that happens about 95% of the time here. They see the 402 horns but never realize it's bass bins under them, one person even asked why there was nothing on any of the shelves.

I would guess they just think your Belles are furniture, they are pretty. [H]

I love that design, perfect for what your using it for, bet it sounds great and can fill a big area and without a huge footprint. Yes

What about a form fitting frame for the bottom with wheels to make it easy to move.

Like this?

Right on! It would be cool looking to hang the Heresy's on the sides of the subs like saddle bags. [:)]