Fine Food and Music

Boxx

I did have the opportunity of going to a great New Orleans style place in Dallas (lower Greenville Ave. area) yesterday.... Oh, so good...

Started off with some excellent home made hushpuppies, slaw and "cold" beer.

photo2.jpg

Lunch included 2lbs. (1/2 to eaten for dinner) of boiled crawfish (very spicey)

photo3.jpg

and

Pasta Monica (This one had a wonderful creamy sauce)

photo4.jpg

I plan to go back again next week.

Website.... http://www.dodiesreef.com/our-history/

(Gary, this is the newest, up-to-date site, for this place....)

• Like 2

I did have the opportunity of going to a great New Orleans style place in Dallas (lower Greenville Ave. area) yesterday.... Oh, so good...

Started off with some excellent home made hushpuppies, slaw and "cold" beer.

photo2.jpg

Lunch included 2lbs. (1/2 to eaten for dinner) of boiled crawfish (very spicey)

photo3.jpg

and

Pasta Monica (This one had a wonderful creamy sauce)

photo4.jpg

I plan to go back again next week.

Website.... http://www.dodiesreef.com/our-history/

(Gary, this is the newest, up-to-date site, for this place....)

Beats my Oreo's and Aquafina big time........

• Like 3

Excellent Boxx, thanks for posting these! The pasta looks great, but I am wondering if that is a butter sauce ?

That load going home looks like it would feed a large party of dinner guests (0;

Anyway, it is good to see you posting, I have to get my act together and put up some dishes soon...

.....Gary

Hello fellow foodies..... It has been a very long time since I have posted here, and for the first time, using the iPad for photos and communication here in Fine Food and Music.

Tonight, one of my simple, single herb themed pasta sauces.. Photos are of the essentials rather then every step of the cooking process..

Here then, the mostly organic ingredients about to be prepped for this Italian dish...

4eac0912f7db63bae83da540ede27a35_zps68e8

Here, this picture shows that the dishes are plated and ready to go to the table... Added is a fine artisan, Greek olive bread from Whole Foods..

Yes, those are genuine, imported Italian plates..

7d95a47c8f703f0247c019a2edcabc1d_zpse5ca

Edited by TIgerman

.....and concluding this little Italian 'tour', the close up of the wine selected to accompany the dish..

Interesting that this is Malbec NOT from Argentina, but South Africa where a Pinotage would be more familiar... Seen here served in a fine, wide vino glass with an interesting red stem seemly filled with this fine red juice (0:

Until next time, be inspired, get cooking, and take many photos of your progress including the end results to share with the foodie community here in FF&M ...

.......Gary

d562e45dfbe9871048899a69d35924eb_zps1dfa

Hello Boxx, Lemon, and Tarheel....

Thank you for the nice compliments, it really makes the extra effort to stop and photograph between steps during the cocking procedure

well worth it (0;

Lemon, the wine you are referring to goes back a ways... But the South African Malbec was very nice with this dish...

I have some breakfasts that I should get on here for you to enjoy.... Have to see what will come next.....

.......Gary