Fine Food and Music

Boxx

TV dinner part 1

Braised beef short ribs for the Walking Dead Finale . "Look at the Bones !"

P1000629.jpg

Plated with simple smashed red potato's , whole onion that fell apart but still tasty and a side of creamed spinach with garlic and mushrooms . Also my last bottle of 2006 Tallulah Bald Mountain Ranch Syrah .

P1000633.jpg

For desert a slice of store bought Harris Teeter red velvet cake and Ben and Jerry's red velvet cake ice cream .

P1000635.jpg

• Like 1

TV dinner part 2

21oz choice NY Strip for the Game of Thrones premier last Sunday .

Strip was coated in chilled bacon fat then rubbed with salt , black pepper and brown sugar . Grilled over store bought Kingsford charcoal .

P1000639.jpg

Cut that sucker in half and broiled it with a healthy amount of jalapeno pimento cheese . Plated with spicy black beans and tomato turmeric rice . Side ceaser slad with tomatos and spicy ranch ." I lika the spice "

P1000643.jpg

For desert double coconut and almond ice cream with a bunch of frozen Heath Bar miniatures .

P1000644.jpg

Edited by sunburnwilly
  • Like 2

TV dinner part 2

21oz choice NY Strip for the Game of Thrones premier last Sunday .

Strip was coated in chilled bacon fat then rubbed with salt , black pepper and brown sugar . Grilled over store bought Kingsford charcoal .

P1000639.jpg

Cut that sucker in half and broiled it with a healthy amount of jalapeno pimento cheese . Plated with spicy black beans and tomato turmeric rice . Side ceaser slad with tomatos and spicy ranch ." I lika the spice "

P1000643.jpg

For desert double coconut and almond ice cream with a bunch of frozen Heath Bar miniatures .

P1000644.jpg

Outstanding postings...... Thanks for sharing.

Willy I am sticking to 1500 calories per day and have been since January. You're not helping.

Billy most nights of the week I have baked chicken breast , rice and beans and a vegetable of some kind . On cheat days anything goes . Tonight I'll be having shepherd's pie made with the other half of the strip steak .

Hope that helps .

Edited by sunburnwilly

• Moderators

WOW big additions since I checked last. Very nice Sunburn, those short ribs look really good but that strip steak almost killed me, my mouth was watering !

USN I like to smoke meatloaf, I never thought to wrap it in bacon great idea going to try that, thanks.

Mungkiman I did make a meatloaf once shaped like a pig, it didn't go over so great, but they did eat it.

Boxx that looks really good also you won the most healthiest from this round !

Not easy looking at these pictures as I sit hear eating a can of tuna mixed with a couple of boiled eggs. I was busy and hadn't eaten since this morning and was looking for the quickest thing. This morning was a can of tuna and a banana, slowly working back to my diet because my scale has been going the wrong way ! :( I love to eat

Hello wine lovers.....

I special ordered this 1/2 case of wines (from Laithwaite).

All six bottles are the same

They are a wonderful red from France (VALLEE DU RHONE). Domaine Conndorcet (2012) Chateauneuf-du-Pape.

Excellent as both a dinner wine or as an aperitif.

DSC_0143-1.jpg

Edited by Boxx
  • Like 2

I for one am sorry for not checking in over this past week, for some reason, I have not been getting notices of the fine postings here... Thank you EVERYONE for adding your photos to this Fine Food forum...

And Boxx, thanks for the wine selection, looks good, and you can't go wrong with Laithwaites, our mutual wine club ((0;

Dtel, thanks so much for YOUR kind words pertaining to the photos and dishes from my kitchen, I feel that the effort is well worth it when others such as yourself find enjoyment in viewing them (0;

Once we get going with the outdoor cooking, there will be much more throughout the summer for you ALL to enjoy with us...

Thanks again everyone for your contributions here at FF&M !!

.......Gary......

post-46907-0-71300000-1398129641.jpgMUNGKIMAN that's the most insane meatloaf I've ever seen. Tigerman I think I can speak for everyone who frequents this thread and say....We look forward to your future posts.. :D.....I never post here but I ALWAYS look through all the delicious posts. I'm buying a new camera soon and hopefully will join everyone in sharing great food and drink.