Fine Food and Music

Boxx

Costco had a new supply of corned-beef briskets in, and so I bought one today.  I have never had one before and am looking forward to it.  If anyone has some preparation suggestions, I am open to ideas... nothing too fancy, though.

Somebody mentioned Chik-fil-A's chicken being so juicy and tender because of the brine.  It is.  So are these (I use them regularly and my latest application is home-made chicken salad):

51B7tsu-9YL.01._SR300,300_.jpg

• 5 months later...

Remember that scene In Apocalypse Now where they are boiling prime rib in large caldrons?  I know how the sous chef feels now.  I was cooking 16 filet mignons for some of the lady friends family and there children.  I'm talking very fine beef.  Damn if they didn't want it cooked medium to well done.  That is ruining a perfectly good piece of meat.  Might has well given them Salisbury steak or round steak.  Never again.....

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Remember that scene In Apocalypse Now where they are boiling prime rib in large caldrons?  I know how the sous chef feels now.  I was cooking 16 filet mignons for some of the lady friends family and there children.  I'm talking very fine beef.  Damn if they didn't want it cooked medium to well done.  That is ruining a perfectly good piece of meat.  Might has well given them Salisbury steak or round steak.  Never again.....

it’s going to get covered in Ketchup anyway :D

• Like 2

It's BLT season!!  We are in the high season for Indiana farm tomatoes, and I'll tell ya, they give Jersey tomatoes a run for the money.....Fantastic flavor and firmness, beautiful color.  Got some great bacon from a local butcher, lettuce from a local farm.  But to make it really special, also sprinkled on some of Oldtimer's Tiki Torch hot sauce over the tomatoes.....and wham!!  What a great combination.  Thanks Farmers!  Thanks Brian!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, well...............hello friends!    I have not been on here in many moons, but glad there is STILL activity of sorts...   I know, I need to start posting fine dinner and breakfast photos again, I have been bad and lazy...:wacko2:

This foodie forum was begun by Boxx and myself and I SHOULD be more attentive in keeping our traditions..  :blush:

But, good to see you all...

Food photos soon...................it IS the holidays after all, and something is always cookin' in the galley :D

..............Gary

• Like 3