Fine Food and Music

Boxx

Now for some salt comparos and info....

Here is the bottle (empty :o) of Hawaiian RED sea salt with clay.. IMG_2881.jpg...the PINK Himalayen which comes with a little wooden spoon....  IMG_2882.jpg.....this photo shows all three in a black dish for photographic reasons of definition ...    You can see the pink upper left, red on the right and standard French sea salt in the center... Little wooden spoon can be seen...IMG_2883.jpg...............and there you have it...........until next time, lets get cookin' !!  ^_^

• Like 4

Correct Duder, it can handle the high heat....   Burnt oil is bad on a number of levels, so be careful....  My sister brought this here for us, and she bought it at BJ's discount club....  Let me know if you find some at your local market...   :)

• Like 2

• Moderators
12 hours ago, Tigerman said:

I have tried this companies salts, they are VERY good. 

http://www.beautifulbrinysea.com/about-us

My brother in law gave me some and I can't believe how good they are. French Picnic , Truffled Honey and my least favorite of the three, Pink Peppercorn.

On 2/15/2017 at 9:50 PM, Tigerman said:

Here is the bottle (empty :o) of Hawaiian RED sea salt with clay.. IMG_2881.jpg...the PINK Himalayen which comes with a little wooden spoon....  IMG_2882.jpg.....this photo shows all three in a black dish for photographic reasons of definition ...    You can see the pink upper left, red on the right and standard French sea salt in the center... Little wooden spoon can be seen...IMG_2883.jpg...............and there you have it...........until next time, lets get cookin' !!  ^_^

Gary that spoon looks like it came off your 70's necklace...

images.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 0:57 PM, Jeff Matthews said:

Anybody ever prepare a corned-beef brisket this way?  http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/oven-braised-corned-beef-brisket

Just put water in the pan with the brisket?

I throw it in the crock pot with the carrots, cabbage and whatever else I feel like adding. Just a little bit of water and let it go for about 6 hours. It just falls apart almost too much , because it's hard to make ruebens with the leftovers when the beef doesn't want to stay together.

Mark

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2017 at 9:55 PM, Tigerman said:

Correct Duder, it can handle the high heat....   Burnt oil is bad on a number of levels, so be careful....  My sister brought this here for us, and she bought it at BJ's discount club....  Let me know if you find some at your local market...   :)

never seen it @ my local he's ...