Fine Food and Music

Boxx

22 minutes ago, sunburnwilly said:

It's the customers food not the waitstaff's .

the wait staff orders food for themselves..and they can invite trouble..

but the customers there is never a problem ..unless under/over cooked food.. or add/subtract item...on occasion..

And where would a sunburnedwilly be able to go out and eat...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Don't they know that you don't piss off the cook?  No telling what will go in their food:emotion-41:

Yep, that's how food service is perceived. 

With our law enforcement professionals held in such high esteem these days, while he is on duty, my police officer son, will only eat at sandwich shops where it is made right in front of him, not trusting what might be done with his food. Ain't it great ----

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, richieb said:

With our law enforcement professionals held in such high esteem these days, while he is on duty, my police officer son, will only eat at sandwich shops where it is made right in front of him, not trusting what might be done with his food. Ain't it great ----

Maybe he should be better at making friends...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, richieb said:

that's very unfortunate... to a customer...I can see maybe a wait person..

that aggravated you for 4-6 hours...

nothing is like when I was a kid ..some values are long forgotten ..

or never teached .. it's do what you want ...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

the wait staff orders food for themselves..and they can invite trouble..

but the customers there is never a problem ..unless under/over cooked food.. or add/subtract item...on occasion..

And where would a sunburnedwilly be able to go out and eat...

I've been in the restaurant biz since 1983 and I have never worked in a place where that would be tolerated on either side of the line . A chef/cook that messes with a customer or fellow staffer's food would be immediately terminated and possibly be arrested depending on what was done .

• Like 1

20 hours ago, richieb said:

I have on several occasions, picked up the tab when I see law enforcement professionals (St. Louis' Finest) at a local eating establishment.

• Like 3

• Moderators
On 4/19/2017 at 11:37 PM, oldtimer said:

Ain't it great ----

No it's not, at all, and for years now it seems and getting worse.  ( i messed up, that quote is from richieb )

18 hours ago, MookieStl said:

I have on several occasions, picked up the tab when I see law enforcement professionals (St. Louis' Finest) at a local eating establishment

Thank You, it's sad what these people go through just to try and do a tough job most would not want.   Yes there are some bad cops, and probably always will be, but the majority are good.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dtel said:

No it's not, at all, and for years now it seems and getting worse. 

Thank You, it's sad what these people go through just to try and do a tough job most would not want.   Yes there are some bad cops, and probably always will be, but the majority are good.

well said dtel !

• Moderators

Thank you, but I still hate to see them behind me when driving. One thing I always did when I had to deal with any police was be respectful, plus it can't possibly hurt your situation. Like you see on tv, if you start out causing problems and being rude or looking for trouble your probably going to find it.

I'm kind of allergic to jail or prison, spent my whole life trying to avoid it, was only arrested once it lasted about 2 hours.

But there are no shortage of stupid people, and it seems the numbers are growing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dtel said:

it's sad what these people go through just to try and do a tough job most would not want.

that’s what i’ve been saying about illegal drugs brought into the US... they’re only doing the job that American drugs won’t do.

(okay, i heard Ann Coulter say that; but, i found it funny).

• Like 1