Fine Food and Music

Boxx

Just now, Tigerman said:

Thank you Steve!   I really hope that one day you will make the trek here.................lets do this before we get too old ok ???   Dinner will be to your liking, I promise !

i have complete trust in you Gary.  I do hope that one day it will happen. By the way, at what age does “old” start?  

I was in traffic school. Eight hours of sitting next to this attractive 24 year old gal.  At the end of class, while we’re waiting for our paperwork to be signed, she asks me, “Where do you get your style--I like it?”  I asked her what she meant. She said, “Most old guys .... oh, i mean guys older than me...”  I said, “too late, you already called me old."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

He will just dump ketchup on it, don't even worry gary.

That’s right ... don’t worry Gary, I wouldn’t waste perfectly good ketchup on lousy food (which i doubt would be the case in your kitchen).  If i use ketchup, consider it my seal of approval.

• Like 3

Steve, the girl/class story made me laugh :lol:....   Catchup is totally permitted.............Chris doesn't use it at all, but I certainly do..  Always with my fresh omelets on the weekends for starters!!  MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

too late, you already called me old."

That's funny Steve.

It reminds me of a story my brother tells. He was in a grocery checkout line behind a woman buying wine. The young male cashier asked to see some ID.  After a few seconds of rummaging through her purse, the cashier said, "That's OK, I got a better look."  The woman scowled at the cashier who was clueless regarding his faux pas.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

That's funny Steve.

It reminds me of a story my brother tells. He was in a grocery checkout line behind a woman buying wine. The young male cashier asked to see some ID.  After a few seconds of rummaging through her purse, the cashier said, "That's OK, I got a better look."  The woman scowled at the cashier who was clueless regarding his faux pas.

Hi Neil ... my family was in Pismo Beach one summer in the 80s. My Uncle, brother, and I went to the store next to the motel for some supplies.  Typical Portugee men, we bought french bread, monterey jack cheese, beer & wine -- that’s a fine meal for us. The cashier isn’t paying attention to us and starts ringing up the purchase. She doesn’t even look at us. When she grabs the booze, she says, “I need to see ID.”  My brother & I tell my uncle to show his ... he was born in 1908.  She looks at his drivers license, them looks up for the first time and says, “oh, i’m sorry.” She was rather embarrassed.

• Haha 2

• 5 weeks later...

making Manhattan clam chowder..

out of yesterday's leftover white clam sauce...

just cut fresh celary..and added diced potatoes...with ovoo....

let it sweet down for 10 minutes..

added water to cover the celery and

potatoes...added 1/3 of a can of tomato paste....5-7 shots of shakes

of hot sauce... let that summer down

another 15-20 min..add white clam sauce....and thicken with a corn starch slurry....

IMG_20171128_174433_hdr.jpg

IMG_20171128_174441_hdr.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

making Manhattan clam chowder..

out of yesterday's leftover white clam sauce...

just cut fresh celary..and added diced potatoes...with ovoo....

let it sweet down for 10 minutes..

added water to cover the celery and

potatoes...added 1/3 of a can of tomato paste....5-7 shots of shakes

of hot sauce... let that summer down

another 15-20 min..add white clam sauce....and thicken with a corn starch slurry....

IMG_20171128_174433_hdr.jpg

IMG_20171128_174441_hdr.jpg

12 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

this is the all telling judge...

IMG_20171128_181910_hdr.jpg

good as gone....leftovers don't last here...I manage the home menu....

that's there is no waste of very little..

and I'm able to make multiple meals

from the same ingredients...

• Like 1

Thank so much Mike for your foodie 'entry' and photos complete with Gia's approval...  She seems to be a sweet little girl, and goes along with most everything you cook up for the two of you!!  :D   Keep 'em coming sir !

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tigerman said:

Thank so much Mike for your foodie 'entry' and photos complete with Gia's approval...  She seems to be a sweet little girl, and goes along with most everything you cook up for the two of you!!  :D   Keep 'em coming sir !

she only likes what I make...so that's

a good thing....

• Thanks 1

Just now, dirtmudd said:

Steve I would use fresh clams...

but I don't think Gia is up to the texture...of whole clams...

my family vacationed at Pismo Beach back in the 50s/60s/70s -- when the pismo clam was abundant.  we’d have a clams prepared all sorts of ways.  My Great Grandmother even got arrested back in the 50s for eating undersized clams instead of throwing them back.  The rest of the family had to pay the $150 fine to get her out of jail.

• Haha 1