Fine Food and Music

Boxx

And finally, our VINO selection ..

I hope you all enjoyed the dinner 'tour'... And I look forward to seeing how others put together their ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner or what have you [:)]

Until the next one, get inspired, create and take plenty of good photos [:)]

...........Gary

post-23544-13819688955618_thumb.jpg

Earlier today lunch time was spent having some excellent Tex/Mex in beautiful Waxahachie, TX. So therefore tonight will be light fare.

DSC_0239.jpg?t=1330215698

This is an excellent Ossau-Iraty Vielle (pasteurized sheep cheese) that is excellent and goes very well with Bordeaux. Naturally, I have a Bordeaux selected to go with this cheese.

Tonights wine selection is a Chateau de Macard, Bordeaux Superieur (2009). Superbe sélection pour ce soir.... Boxx

TONIGHT, we are cookin' up a tradional Thai dish..........Chris is getting all the fresh ingredients we need from the Asian Market. This will be an organic Tofu saute'd in a mushroom soy sauce - Pad Thai .... Stay tuned [;)]

......Gary

Ok, scratch the Thai dish...........its an italian pasta night instead.

Theme? Organic rosemary, add to that, fresh garlic, XVOO and some premium organic tomatoes (canned).. The gourmet pasta has been picked...a nice RED vino will be opened.......Check back later this evening for a little photo essay.

Hey there Jhoak, thanks for stopping by, how about something YOU've created ?.........we've had lots of entries in the old thread like this, and we are trying to stick to the theme of this new one, thanks [;)]

As it turns out rather than frozen pizza and cheap beer tonight is going to be linguini and white clam sauce, ceasar salad, garlic toast, and a nice (but inexpensive) Pino Grigio.

Yea... I had an old friend drop in by surprise. We don't have a "dessert" planned but I have high hopes. [:P]

No there won't be any pictures of the meal OR the dessert... [:$]

I don’t have any pictures of it but one of my very favorite desserts that is always a “hit” with my guests goes something like this:

You’ll need: A package of Stouffer’s baked apples, Archway soft oatmeal cookies, a GOOD butter pecan ice cream (I like Breyers and Blue Bell is very good too) and a jar of basic caramel sauce.

Nuke the apples until hot. In a good sized bowl place 2 of the oatmeal cookies. Drop in a couple of healthy tablespoons of the heated apples. Top the apples with a generous scoop of ice cream and top it all off with a drizzle of the caramel sauce.

OMG… Enough said

It’s now time to ignore my computer and tend to the “needs” of my guest.

Goodnight all…

I'll be right over! Stick out tongue

Come on down! I have plenty of pizza in the freezer.

According to Google Maps Salt Lake City is around 2400 miles from me. You should probably pick up some more beer along the way. Wink

As soon as I get out of state, I can buy some real beer (only 3.2% here)......I better drive fast.

I'll be right over! Stick out tongue

Come on down! I have plenty of pizza in the freezer.

According to Google Maps Salt Lake City is around 2400 miles from me. You should probably pick up some more beer along the way. Wink

As soon as I get out of state, I can buy some real beer (only 3.2% here)......I better drive fast.

Sterling... Is it 3.2% all over the state?

Hey there Jhoak. I am sorry that there are not any photos of your dish tonight [:(] This is what we had hoped for... Well, maybe next time.... Your dessert idea sounds great, and without too much effort [Y] Hope to see your dishes soon!

COMIING UP NEXT: Our Italian dish, VERY simple, but so tasty just the same...... Got the Oscar's Red Carpet thing going while I process all the photos.... Stay tuned !

........Gary

Foodies............here we go.......... A VERY simple pasta dish made up fresh...

Lets start with the ingredients. Some imported and mostly organic... The pasta, garlic, tomatoes and rosemary along with some XVOO for the saute.... Lets get cookin' [Y]

post-23544-13819689366866_thumb.jpg

Foodies............here we go.......... A VERY simple pasta dish made up fresh...

Lets start with the ingredients. Some imported and mostly organic... The pasta, garlic, tomatoes and rosemary along with some XVOO for the saute.... Lets get cookin' Yes

Great shots so far Gary.... What would we do without rosemary?