Fine Food and Music

Boxx

I went to this local eatery that does “kettle” cooking.  Had some seafood in a tomato-cream broth…you select how hot you want it (1 - 10).  I selected 7 and it wasn’t hot enough; BUT the taste was VERY good.  A bit pricey, $63 for two of us.

• Like 4

Good Saturday evening and Happy May Second (0:

I must say, a busy day for this guy, getting the deck all power washed, stain touch up here and there. 60" glass table and those puffy chairs which are double covered through the rough winter=all set up and ready for deck dinners and breakfasts al fresco once again.

So, we decided to eat our nosh outdoors presently as I type with our usual Saturday evening LIVE show A Prairie Home Companion on PBS radio ;0)

So, here is our little nosh set up and our first of the season and earlier then ever.... A fine spinach and artichoke hummus, smoked salmon on cream cheese and crustini crackers, blue corn chips and a fine French cheese. The vino is simply box wine for now, good bottle to be opened with dinner ;0)

Shopping for hanging plants at the nursery tomorrow...... Many photos to follow over the summer months!

image.jpg1_210.jpg

• Like 6

Thanks Ryan, inside for pasta dinner (left overs, linguini and clams,white sauce) as it was chilling down outdoors and we are still listening to the show..... ;0)

Should be over in RTM around the usual time... See you there?

........Gary

• Like 1

Ok. This one is a very good, easy one.  Beer-battered Cod with extra "crunchies," fries and hushpuppies.

The fries and hushpuppies are simply frozen items.  The Cod is frozen, too.

One serving as shown.  Ingredients are shown.  Add 1/2 cup flour to mixing bowl.  Keep adding and mixing-in beer until the consistency is like a thick, latex paint.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Dip your finger in it and taste.  It should taste like salty, frothy beer.  Put bowl in refrigerator for 1/2 hour to chill the batter.  

That's it.  Thaw the fish.  Coat it.  Deep fry it all at 350 degrees.  Total prep time and cooking time is about 1/2 hour.

P.S.  Those extra "crunchies" are just leftover beer batter.  Just add spoon-fulls of it into the deep fryer and after a couple of minutes...  yum!

Ingredients:

post-17244-0-58820000-1430779387_thumb.j

Ready to eat!

post-17244-0-28420000-1430779421_thumb.j

Edited by Jeff Matthews
  • Like 3