unprofessional customer service

mit

After being a happy Klipsch customer for awhile and frequently visiting this forum, I decided it was time for a new center channel speaker and with it my first post.

I bought one from an authorized Klipsch dealer. I was given some run around by the dealer about my purchase, so I decided to call Klipsch directly to see what they can do

to fix my unpleasant experience with this AUTHORIZED agent of Klipsch.

Long story short, now is not the place or time to discuss my experience with the retailer but it is the right place to raise a point

about Klipsch's own customer representative. I know where and how to escalate the issue with the retailer , but Klipsch should know that for the amount of money I'm spending on YOUR products, I should be able to rely on customer service representatives who are intelligent , personable and able to answer questions without being rude, uncouth, unprofessional and generally awful . I'm very displeased and disappointed and beginning to rethink my opinion of Klipsch as a high end brand.

I'm just wondering if this quality , or lack thereof , will be a common occurrence, in which case I will never purchase another product from Klipsch again and go further to get rid of the products I have already purchased. I HAD planned on continuing to purchase much more Klipsch products to enhance my home entertainment system, but now I am not so sure. I will not pay top dollar for a brand that does not have a strong Customer support center. Is my definition of "high end" product differ from Klipsch's? Doesn't a high end brand entail product quality AND quality support??

I could not establish what Klipsch is willing to do to muzzle the authorized Klipsch dealer and the heinous customer service - from Klipsch directly.

Is there a way to remedy my distrust in Klipsch?

So...you been happy for a while but one wrong move by someone and you're ready to sell out......? Klipsch makes speakers, not people.I doubt they can make dealers make you happy, in anything there are bad players.If you have a legit warranty issue I'm sure Klipsch will stand by their part of any deal.You should be able to return an item from the dealer you bought it from in a noted time frame, that has nothing to do with Klipsch.If you don't like the service you can buy Klipsch elsewhere.

Klipsch makes mid grade gear, very good gear, spend $50k or more then you're starting high end.

You may be a great guy having a bad experience but it don't read that way.

After being a happy Klipsch customer for awhile and frequently visiting this forum, I decided it was time for a new center channel speaker and with it my first post. I bought one from an authorized Klipsch dealer. I was given some run around by the dealer about my purchase, so I decided to call Klipsch directly to see what they can do to fix my unpleasant experience with this AUTHORIZED agent of Klipsch. Long story short, now is not the place or time to discuss my experience with the retailer but it is the right place to raise a point about Klipsch's own customer representative. I know where and how to escalate the issue with the retailer , but Klipsch should know that for the amount of money I'm spending on YOUR products, I should be able to rely on customer service representatives who are intelligent , personable and able to answer questions without being rude, uncouth, unprofessional and generally awful . I'm very displeased and disappointed and beginning to rethink my opinion of Klipsch as a high end brand. I'm just wondering if this quality , or lack thereof , will be a common occurrence, in which case I will never purchase another product from Klipsch again and go further to get rid of the products I have already purchased. I HAD planned on continuing to purchase much more Klipsch products to enhance my home entertainment system, but now I am not so sure. I will not pay top dollar for a brand that does not have a strong Customer support center. Is my definition of "high end" product differ from Klipsch's? Doesn't a high end brand entail product quality AND quality support?? I could not establish what Klipsch is willing to do to muzzle the authorized Klipsch dealer and the heinous customer service - from Klipsch directly. Is there a way to remedy my distrust in Klipsch?

Welcome to the forum!

Trust is earned. Perhaps a call back to the CSR's and a request to speak to a manager would be a good way to give them another shot at earning your trust. I know this started off badly, as your local guy stuck it to you. Perhaps your anger and expectations of the CSR to cure the problem were a little high, and the bad situation got worse. A more experienced rep like the manager, might be able to better handle a call like this. Keep in mind that people are people, and you know as well as I do that sometimes its just a bad day!

I am not a Klipsch employee. I'm just a regular guy who likes Klipsch heritage stuff.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the problem with the local guy and this center speaker? Why not just come right out and tell us who this dealer is and which speaker you bought? I would bet you can get some very definite help with this problem. The folks here know some stuff about center speakers.

Hang in there...

-- I had a problem. I could not get a satisfactory answer from my retailer. I called the manufacturer. I still did not receive an adequate resolution and from my perspective they were unqualified to be customer service representative. -- Does this sound about right? Respectfully. You can see from these open public forums that Klipsch does not cull any negative posts or threads. Whatever occurred it is obvious it did not proceed as you had planned or expected. Not only do you deserve the service (having paid for the product) but Klipsch deserves to hear your feedback. Give customer service a return call and speak with a manager.

After being a happy Klipsch customer for awhile and frequently visiting this forum, I decided it was time for a new center channel speaker and with it my first post.
I bought one from an authorized Klipsch dealer. I was given some run around by the dealer about my purchase, so I decided to call Klipsch directly to see what they can do
to fix my unpleasant experience with this AUTHORIZED agent of Klipsch.
Long story short, now is not the place or time to discuss my experience with the retailer but it is the right place to raise a point
about Klipsch's own customer representative. I know where and how to escalate the issue with the retailer , but Klipsch should know that for the amount of money I'm spending on YOUR products, I should be able to rely on customer service representatives who are intelligent , personable and able to answer questions without being rude, uncouth, unprofessional and generally awful . I'm very displeased and disappointed and beginning to rethink my opinion of Klipsch as a high end brand.
I'm just wondering if this quality , or lack thereof , will be a common occurrence, in which case I will never purchase another product from Klipsch again and go further to get rid of the products I have already purchased. I HAD planned on continuing to purchase much more Klipsch products to enhance my home entertainment system, but now I am not so sure. I will not pay top dollar for a brand that does not have a strong Customer support center. Is my definition of "high end" product differ from Klipsch's? Doesn't a high end brand entail product quality AND quality support??
I could not establish what Klipsch is willing to do to muzzle the authorized Klipsch dealer and the heinous customer service - from Klipsch directly.

Is there a way to remedy my distrust in Klipsch?

mit, You've come to the right place to spout off though you bought a product such as a center channel and are gettin a run around about your purchase?

It's pretty hard to get a run around unless you either didn't get the product or there was a defect. If neither of these then the forums have become the support mechanism of choice where you can get real experiences and help. Most companies, even if you pay a lot more than your klipsch center rely a lot on forum support. It sounds like you might have had some problems with setup or matching, something. Possibly it was out of the rhelm of Klipsch to resolve since you have likely purchased other components from the dealer and it should be up to the dealer to resolve your issues.

If you had buyers remorse i would think it would be on the shoulders of your dealer. Very few things other than a product defect should go back to the manufacturer.

MIT, Welcome to The Forum.

I can tell you; Klipsch customer service has always bent over backwards to help me.

They looked up drawings and manuals on a set of KG 5.2 speakers when I was unsure how to remove the plastic rings on the woofer; to recone myself.

That's pretty unheard of where I come from. (Sony will tell you send your PS3 in for $150 to repair it; not assist you with disassembly).

I suggest giving a CSR a second chance as mentioned; and escalate to a Manager if necessary.

Good Luck.

• Moderators

Welcome to the forum Mit, hope everything gets worked out.

If you get a rude person from the dealer or Klipsch get there name, I can't speak for the dealer but Klipsch has a good reputation when it comes to customer service and taking care of customers.

But everyone has a bad day, I couldn't do customer service, and keep my job, I have heard some of the things that are asked ! I would be fired quickly after losing a grip. [:o]

If you get a rude person from the dealer or Klipsch get there name, I can't speak for the dealer but Klipsch has a good reputation when it comes to customer service and taking care of customers.

But everyone has a bad day, I couldn't do customer service, and keep my job, I have heard some of the things that are asked ! I would be fired quickly after losing a grip. Surprise

Does that mean you won't put up with any monkey business?

As you said, you know "where and how to escalate the issue with the retailer", so my real question is why you are involving the forum in what is a disagreement between you and the retailer? I'm not even sure that Klipsch corporate customer support is an appropriate place to go unless you have a warranty issue.

So what is it you really want here? I doubt you're going to raise an army of consumer activists to march on Klipsch. I also doubt you will have potential customers running away from Klipsch because of a vague, anonymous rant on a public forum. Will Klipsch yank the dealership from your adversary? Also doubtful. Since you know where and how to escalate the issue with the retailer, I suggest you quite wasting your time whining, man up, and deal with the people who sold you the product. (or send it to Klipsch for service if it's not working properly.)

• Moderators

But everyone has a bad day, I couldn't do customer service, and keep my job, I have heard some of the things that are asked ! I would be fired quickly after losing a grip. Surprise

Does that mean you won't put up with any monkey business?

Somewhat [:#]

On a good day, I can have great patience, but after a certain time passes you must ask the question "are you just rude and think your that special, or are you really that dumb, or both'' ? [:o]

Like the comedian Ron White says......you can get a facelift, change your hair and color, adjust your chest size and shape, change your butt, remove fat, add it back somewhere else, many things BUT you can't fix stupid !

Like the comedian Ron White says......you can get a facelift, change your hair and color, adjust your chest size and shape, change your butt, remove fat, add it back somewhere else, many things BUT you can't fix stupid !

You can't ban stupid, either, because it's way too popular...

Over a span of time from 1982 to 2011, I've called Klipsch Customer Service several times and written them as well. They have always been helpful. Once in a while when they did not know the answer to my question offhand they have asked around the company and called me back. Once in about 1988, they put Roy Delgado on the phone to shed some light on an issue.

I found working in Klipsch CS a most satisfying and rewarding experience. Helping guys sort out issues with new speakers and breathe life into the older Heritage products was a dream job for a guy like me. Through the years Klipsch Technical Support staff have maintained a pretty comprehensive library of PDF files, helpful tips, repair stations etc in order to assist customers. I'd give em another chance, everyone gets a tough day now and then. Michael

Its been 20 years since I had to contact Klipsch, but when I did it was a call to Hope, AR. Talk about friendly..... They have sent me badges at no charge, and even a replacement driver just from a diagnosis over the phone with no issues period.

It sounds like the OP got wronged by a retailer. Its funny that he says this is not the right place to mention which retailer..... I think this is the best place to mention which retailer. Obviously the retailer denied a return,exchange or a little shipping damage maybe....who knows. It seems whatever has sent the OP off the deep end and in turn he chooses to thrash the company here. Tell us the whole story Mit or cry Wolf somewhere else.