Hurting my dog's ears?

Klipschtastic

My dog has recently been having some ear irritation. I'm going to take her to the vet this week. She twists her head and rapidly a flaps her ears like she's drying off and sometimes paws at her ears. She does this at night when no music is playing so I don't mean this directly coincides with the music playing.

It make sme wonder if I'm playing my music too loud and hurting her ears or if this is unrelated. So to any of you who own dogs, how do they react to your speakers? How much more sensitive are their ears?

Thanks

Jon

Not knowing what type of dog you have, it could indicate that they just need cleaning. I have a Golden Retreiver (had a Black Lab) but she passed and it usually indicates that they need a cleaning, I clean his probably twice a year. Not fun but he really enjoys it....There could also be a tick or some other type of parasite. My dog spends his days outside so he is exposed to the elements. If you are up for it, get some Q-Tips, a flashlight (small) and take a look. The dog will love you for it. If you see pronounced irritation or minor bleeding, you can also put a topical on it. It may save you a few bucks at the vet. If you do not want to do this by all means take it to the vet. I do not think it is a sound issue. I live near a RR Track and the Golden can hear the train five minutes before I can. He will howl at high pitched noises that I can not hear. YMMV

She twists her head and rapidly a flaps her ears like she's drying off and sometimes paws at her ears. She does this at night when no music is playing so I don't mean this directly coincides with the music playing.

Ear mites...most probably. You can take the dog to the vet, or you can try home remedies.

Chris

What kind of dog is she...? Their ears are very sensative and it is understandable how wax and other stuff can get in there. If you didn't find anything that appeared to be an infection, she should be fine. They DO appreciate your trying to help them. My dog gets to moaning when I am digging with a Q-Tip. Just don't go to deep, as you could damage their ear drum. If you remove most of the garbage they will pretty much self clean from there. It is a good habit to get into of checking them periodocally, just like your own ears. Kind of hard for them to get that Paw down to where it itches..........[H]