Crap!!!

oscarsear

Late yesterday afternoon I am letting my dogs out into the backyard for their 'routine' -as it were-. I notice that my new neighbors dogs are running loose. I mean they're all over the golf course, loose. I am worried about their dogs. Did they get out? Will they run off? So I get my dogs indoors and head back out to corral up the neighbors Pekinese dogs. I head out the back gate to greet one of the animals and start to wrangle it up when the Mrs. comes out of the house and immediately starts to apologize. She's not apologizing for her dogs running free but because she had let them run free quite often. And they had decided that area behind my home was the ideal crapping ground. Being winter I had not been out there for awhile. Sure enough I look around and holy crap there are mounds of Peke do-do everywhere. She tells me that since going back to work that she had not kept up with this chore. She said she would pick them up soon. I kept my cool (though I'm unsure why). This morning I picked up some 20 piles of 'do' and sundry half chewed chewies, etc. They're renters, in a foreclosed home. My home is for sale. We are both on the 2nd fairway of a really nice golf course. Murder is not an option. Neither is suicide. Hopefully she is now mortified enough to do better with the do-do business. I'll say this much. Come golfing season loose dogs are not well accepted. In the mean time I now get to tend to 2 more dogs. It isn't too bad if you stay on top of the work. Crap!!!

My yard is divided into a front and rear yard by an open slat fence. And 'yep' their dogs access my rear yard property and the rough that exists between the back of my yard and the fairway. And apparently her plan is to allow them to frequent this area and pick up the results (maybe). It will be a serious problem come summer. My dogs will tear up my inner yard landscaping trying to fend off the intruders. It ain't gonna be purtee.

There ain't nothin worse than your neighbors crapping dogs. You can't beat the crap out of them or you get into another crapping situation. If you start using the BB gun the neighbors will start to shoot the crap out of you with their potato gun filled with dried crap ammo. It's fun to see your dog crap on the neighbors property but when they crap back at you it really gets to be crappy. One solution is to use your lawn mower to distribute the crap evenly across the lawn. In the winter use the snow blower to blow the crap back on their lawn and maybe the house for laughs. Or you can have a "Crap Party" and have all of the participants squash the crap into the ground. Now that I think of it all of my crap solutions are really crappy.

JJK

Now that we've beaten the crap outa' this one...... [:P]

Let's look at Oscar's options......

"Murder is not an option. Neither is suicide".

But a painful experience for the crappers (sorry, just had to...) just may re-direct efforts to another venue for their relief....

Forget the paintballs.... a good quality Airsoft gun will provide the necessary "education" and "re-training".....

I guess I lived in the country too long.... we're letting our dogs loose in our back yards (and your neighbors dogs are getting into yours) to do their business and then we go outside and pick up the business?

What then? flush? toss into trash can? blend into flower garden?

The place I'm staying here in Jax has dogs. They're doing their Biz in the grass between units. Whenever I'm walking to the dumpster (means I'm cutting through the grass instead of walking out on the pavement) I just keep my eyes peeled for little piles.

Women are used to having guys do stuff for them. If she see's you cleaning up after her dogs, she will consider the problem solved. If you pick up any of her dogs crap, the "teach a person to fish approach" would be to give her the bag directly, the drill will probably last 3 iterations.

A long time ago my neighbor had a problem with a person letting their dog crap in his yard every day. He asked them nicely many times to not let the dog crap in his yard, and they continued and never picked it up.

So he got a box and started putting the crap in it every day. When the box had a nice big pile in it, he poured a bunch of water in it and let it soak for a little bit, and left it in the back of his truck. Then on the way to work, he flung the whole box on their garage door. He said their dog never left anymore crap in his yard after that.

He was a really nice guy but he looked kind of scary if you didn't know him. I think that they were scared crapless after he evened the situation out.

This is probably a bad idea in your nice gated community.

We have a small pekingese and our neighbor has two huskies. One of the huskies likes to mark his territory in our yard since his leash can just reach into it. Our back yard is completely fenced in but our front yard is open. Not only does she not pick up the crap from our yard but she rarely picks it up from hers. The stench in the summer is horrible.

If she is a renter in a foreclosed home I am sure she does not care.

I say just start putting shovel fulls on her front step until she starts cleaning it up?

Two thumbs up. I thought that that would work with my neighbor but even after 3 to 4 applications he would still let the dog do it in my back yard. Luckily his pool in the back yard is within flinging distance of dog log on a shovel. I don't know if he knows that it happens but it gives me a warm feeling inside when I see him over there swimming in it.

We lived way out in the country when I was a kid.

I remember once a dog owner neighbor complained to my father about the leaves on his lawn 'cause he didn't have trees. My father's response was "yeah, well I have dog shit on my lawn and I don't own a dog...."

End of discussion.

James

There's hope........ I spoke with the housewife this morning. Calmly I s'plained the problem. I also s'plained that the golf course itself would not take kindly to loose dogs come the season-O-golf. But the real glimmer of hope, the one ray of God shining down? I learned that Hubby is an audio guy. He runs Marantz gear. I've heard the unit running before and I can visualize the back of one tower speaker from a side window. So I asked about the stereo. She thought I was gonna complain. Not. She says she understands about the dog deal. Fingers are crossed and common ground identified.