comparing the big KG to the bigger KLF

nocents

Klipschtatics post comparing his new KLF-20's(congrats by the way) to his RF 3's reminded of just weeks ago when I brought home from a much shorter road trip (Cincy to Indy and back)....my new to me KLF-30's dressed in black......the KG-5.5's are no shrinking violets in size and sound......side by side comparison make th KG's look much smaller (69# compared to 103#)......sonically the KLF-30's present a larger soundstage but with the KG's having the TI diaphram update and the KLF do not....(YET)....with my set up of two seperate systems side by side in the same room makes the shoot out EZ to do from two different power sources.....when BOTH are updated......the best 60 bucks you can spend on improvements ........do the 30's have the same glue issue internally that the 20's seem to have......so far I love the 30's...got 'em for a killer price, 50 bucks in gas,and 3.5hours of windshield time.....life is good .......[:D]

post-42007-1381968885125_thumb.jpg

Yes I beleive the 30s are prone to the same loose baffle problems as the 20s. You can take the heel of your hand or the side of your fist and bang around the parimeter of the rear baffles to see if you can get a loose sound. I heard some rattling on some deep bass notes that I thought was some nearby furniture but upon closer inspection proved to be the rear baffle on one speaker.

Congrats on the new speakers! Mine sound great. They already have the crites tweeters so and I have never heard them stock.

nocents: if you want to you can swap the diaphragms from your KG's into your KLF's and have a listen. As nice as the KG's are they won't keep up with a three way but that is just my opinion as a three way lover (for the most part). Congratulation on your new find. Enjoy your KLF30. Best regards Moray James.

thanks for the reply and suggestions.....moray....I did notice that the diaphrams were the same but since I had such positive results with the KG......the update on the 3 way setup had to be as impressive.......at least I'm bettin 60 bucks it will be [Y]