Bashing choices when members are asking for opinions.

Pete H

i think we can collectively agree that ANYTHING is better than Bose and therefore ANYTHING should be acceptable in the eyes of man. Praise be to the Rock gods, for they are fair and just.

Don't you have a sub you should be calibrating or something?

dude, this whole job thing is getting in the way. i race home to quickly test stuff out - but then i have to spend time with wife, and chores, and dinner, and blah blah blah. i do some tweaking and re-calibration by around 10pm and it's too late for me to really test. so the next day, rinse and repeat. woe is me, right? as stated in my other thread, i'm impressed at how well this thing performs in spite of my crappy calibration and limited placement options Devil

Job schmob, you could have painted it by now[:|].

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the time the GOOD salesman would custom tailor the system to the customer’s budget, musical tastes, listening space and wishes.

The good old days, we need more places like that. Yes

Now they push whatever has the highest profit margin regardless of what you actually need or want.

I hate brand X pure and simple

I absolutely love brand X and who are you to tell me that it is not the best in the world?

I think it was Jacksonbart, but it's ok, fish said it's better than nothing which is still ahead of brand B.

It does not really matter, the problem is the wires your using, everyone who loves brand X already knows the magic is in the wires and power cord combination, simple really.

I haven't a clue what you're talking about. But it doesn't matter as long as you don't bash my brand X.

• Moderators

I hate brand X pure and simple

I absolutely love brand X and who are you to tell me that it is not the best in the world?

I think it was Jacksonbart, but it's ok, fish said it's better than nothing which is still ahead of brand B.

It does not really matter, the problem is the wires your using, everyone who loves brand X already knows the magic is in the wires and power cord combination, simple really.

I haven't a clue what you're talking about. But it doesn't matter as long as you don't bash my brand X.

Well you must have the magic combination then, no clue here either. I really don't like brand X, never had or heard any but don't like the sound. [:o]

I use Brand XXX!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFEjIKJc5rWsbCsvVhkCP

Stills full of shine, that good old liquid is on my mind

I don’t know who done distilled ‘em, but I thank ‘em just the same

Stills full of shine, fillin’ my jar like a good ol rain

My life changed completely by this mind-numin’ swain…..

Facts is facts. If this were a transistor radio forum Bose would be top dog. But it isn't. By the same token there are forums where Klipsch isn't top dog either. There's nothing wrong with brand loyalty but there are nicer ways and less nicer ways to punctuate the message. There's a ton of great knowledge and great people here despite the occasional blush of 'heritage' arrogance.

Well since there seems to be a trend to just chase shiny things around the room, I'm going to throw one out and see where this goes. The Onkyo 805 has developed a glitch in the main R channel that isn't any of the connections and it's time to go pre pro anyway so now I have an excuse. I'm going to give some parameters and personal preferences and ask for some input from my people; in case you didn't hear, the pope died and I was elected; well actually it was a coup.[6]

Must be 9.1 or 9.2 (that's what I wired for in the remodel.)

I would like to keep this purchase under $1,000 and I purchase a lot of equipment used or refurbished.

I would prefer balanced outputs but it's not a deal breaker.

I might watch a movie every 2 weeks so this is still primarily about audio although I want solid HT performance since with the present set up I won't go to the theater as it doesn't come close to watching it at home.

I'm pretty sure that anything that is 9.1 or more will have plenty of connectivity (HDMI, Optical, Internet.......) so that's probably not a concern.

I've never been thrilled with the audio performance of the 805 compared to some of my other systems so I'm not stuck on any brand and brand X is fine too if it's reliable.[:P]

It's pretty obvious that this forum is a brand X bashing forum, can't you guys just let BrandXers(I invented that so don't be swipen it without props) enjoy their X without saying they need more X's, like two or three, get a life.......[:@]

My old drill sergeant told me, "If you ain't smart enough to see it my way, you're too stupid to live".... He also made some comment about scraping my opinion off a zipper at some point as well. [6]

..... But we lived through the experience.... He retired and I think he is a salesman for some tube amp company..... [6]

Might as well stir it up..... [:P]

Now the funny thing about bashing here is when someone posts something about brand "B". I'd bet 90% of the bashers never had a Brand B and their bashing involves listening to someone else who has Brand B, etc., etc. After that beer-fest, they need to get it off their mind and feel good about their Kool-Aid..... [6]

Just a deeper thought.... How deep? heck'if I know.... nut it sounded philosophical... [:P]

Bose 901s make the best surround speakers I personally have ever heard.

My main two channel system has Belles.

I have some BIG Altec 416a bass horns under 2ft wide Dukane horns for my basement system.

I have some of those Kirsch white van copies of B&W or similar that sound suprisingly good.[:D]

My AR4s sound darn good for their size I might add.

I gave my niece some Cerwin Vegas that I reconed.

There was a point here but I forgot what it was.