Bashing choices when members are asking for opinions.

Pete H

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did vote Yes, because I like you and you are the only person I know who only has ONE spoon or is it fork ? Your also the only person I know who was run over by a truck and tough enough to live through it.

Thanks Elden...I'll even spell your name correctly after that compliment. The fork rusted and died. Guess it can't sit in water for months--who knew? Want to hear a totally worthless bit of trivia...I'm the third person in my family to get run over by a truck and live to tell about it. Me, my brother, and my female cousin. Just like everything else, they made things tougher back in the day.

Let me just add a couple quick comments here. I prefer Brand XXX but only would recommend their model 38DDD. The web sites I've seen them on are very detailed. Great umm rear and front panel shots. The knobs are clearly visible and also have a center tweeking adjustments on them. Inputs and output are easily distinguishable that even the most novice user could get excited about it. I've seen them laid in such a manner that multiple units can be chained together with relative ease.

Posted Image

• Moderators

Want to hear a totally worthless bit of trivia...I'm the third person in my family to get run over by a truck and live to tell about it. Me, my brother, and my female cousin. Just like everything else, they made things tougher back in the day.

That's pretty scary, must be a tough bunch !

Let me just add a couple quick comments here. I prefer Brand XXX but only would recommend their model 38DDD. The web sites I've seen them on are very detailed. Great umm rear and front panel shots. The knobs are clearly visible and also have a center tweeking adjustments on them. Inputs and output are easily distinguishable that even the most novice user could get excited about it. I've seen them laid in such a manner that multiple units can be chained together with relative ease.

Brand XXX has some great 'receivers'. Shipping and handling can get expensive. Only thing I really dislike about Brand XXX is they charge for auditions before purchase..... [6]

I don't like Beer it's totally disgusting fowl tasting vile and pernicious and no one should drink it, shame on you shame on you. Now where is my baseball bat when I need it???

Obviously, SIR, you have lost your taste buds and are a complete idot!! Beer is the nectar of the Gods (insert one of your choice).

Now, when I look up the word pernicious and know what that means I will comment further.[:P]

Want to hear a totally worthless bit of trivia...I'm the third person in my family to get run over by a truck and live to tell about it. Me, my brother, and my female cousin. Just like everything else, they made things tougher back in the day.

Not sure I would want to meet your cousin, Steve.

Bruce

Not sure I would want to meet your cousin, Steve.

Bruce

In Oakland--even the ladies are scary tough. And in the neighborhood she grew up...let's just say that it's not a comfortable place to be for long...or at all. But, she survived it--although i think her son got in a fight everyday that he was in school Saw him at a family reunion and he was wearing a t-shirt that said "I survived Jingletown." Jingletown is the nickname for that neighborhood. Back at the start of the 1900s, there was a large influx of Portuguese immigrants coming to Oakland from the Azore Islands (my grandparents were part of that group). The name Jingletown came about because they finally had jobs and after a lifetime of being poor, the men would jingle the change in their pockets to show people that they weren't poor anymore. the kids of that era starting calling it Jingletown--and the name stuck. Things change though and by the 70s, crime rate was astronomical. haven't been back there for awhile, except driving by down the freeway

In Oakland--even the ladies are scary tough. And in the neighborhood she grew up...let's just say that it's not a comfortable place to be for long...or at all. But, she survived it--although i think her son got in a fight everyday that he was in school Saw him at a family reunion and he was wearing a t-shirt that said "I survived Jingletown." Jingletown is the nickname for that neighborhood. Back at the start of the 1900s, there was a large influx of Portuguese immigrants coming to Oakland from the Azore Islands (my grandparents were part of that group). The name Jingletown came about because they finally had jobs and after a lifetime of being poor, the men would jingle the change in their pockets to show people that they weren't poor anymore. the kids of that era starting calling it Jingletown--and the name stuck. Things change though and by the 70s, crime rate was astronomical. haven't been back there for awhile, except driving by down the freeway

I lived in Oakland for 62 years. The neighborhood wasn't too bad,

although in comparing notes with others who moved up here, we miss the

sound of gunfire at night. Our neighbors had impeccable taste -- there

were three Cornwall homes and one Klipschorn home within a few blocks,

to say nothing of the JBLs.

We were friends with two Portuguese

families, both descended from people from the Azores. They mentioned

that they had distant ancestors from Atlantis. In the early sixties,

one of my Portuguese friends' father was not sure whether to support

open housing (fair housing; no discrimination based on race, ethnicity,

religion, etc.) until someone rang his doorbell and tried to recruit him

in favor of discrimination on the grounds that "Black Portuguese" were

moving into the neighborhood. Somehow, that decided him.

Despite what Gertrude Stein said, I don't have to tell you that in Oakland there is a there there. In fact, I wonder if The There is Here bar is still there (on Telegraph)?

Oh, anduser_IsOffline.gif _benjammin, "Bless your heart" was effective even in altered form. It

made it to Berkeley in the sixties when a street preacher (Holy Hubert)

would locate himself near the Cal campus, stand on a riser, and end

every few paragraphs by focusing on a student, or a street person, and

saying "Bless your filthy heart." It actually endeared him to people,

because the targets sensed that he meant it.

• Moderators

Brand XXX has some great 'receivers'. Shipping and handling can get expensive. Only thing I really dislike about Brand XXX is they charge for auditions before purchase..... Devil

Your going to pay one way or another, mentally or physically, all your life.

My Dad always said it's cheaper in the long run just to rent.

Makes me wonder...

I absolutely loved visiting Macau, which was a Portugese colony. So very different from Hong Kong. A lot of European architecture, Portugese restaurants with incredible food.

Bruce

by the way its nobody's (%$%#%%)ing business how much a Navy man has had to drink.

By the way....don't Navy guys go out of their way to not wash out their cups?

I had a room-mate in college who spent 6 years in the Navy. Never washed out his coffee cup saying something about tradition as I recall...

Portugese restaurants with incredible food.

most of my relatives spoke portuguese around the house; but i only learned enough to know what was for dinner and when i was in trouble. I still have relatives on the islands of Faial and Flores--never met them; but would like to someday.