The dumpster sub

mustang guy

I was out back taking a break and as I was glancing at the 4 cu yd dumpster sitting there, I thought that would make a hell of a folded horn enclosure. It is on wheels o it can be pushed around easily, it has lots of volume. I wonder if anybody ever though of designing a sub from one. Here is a picture of one without the wheels:

4-Yard Rear-Load Dumpster

One challenge would be to keep people from trying to find a place to stick there trash. The face of this thing reminds me of a horn loaded pro speaker like the T60. This thing would mae some BIG sound.

• Moderators

I was out back taking a break and as I was glancing at the 4 cu yd dumpster sitting there, I thought that would make a hell of a folded horn enclosure.

I like the way you think, "not normal", welcome to the club, your not alone by far.

I was out back taking a break and as I was glancing at the 4 cu yd dumpster sitting there, I thought that would make a hell of a folded horn enclosure. It is on wheels o it can be pushed around easily, it has lots of volume. I wonder if anybody ever though of designing a sub from one. Here is a picture of one without the wheels:

One challenge would be to keep people from trying to find a place to stick there trash. The face of this thing reminds me of a horn loaded pro speaker like the T60. This thing would mae some BIG sound.

i have one of those subs....it stinks! [:D]

i have one of those subs....it stinks! Big Smile

What did I say about trash talking when someone is looking for input.[;)]

Reminds me of the speakers I used to make for my car as a teenager. My sub was a 12 in the top of a 5 gal bucket and some 6x9's in the lids of two more 5 gal buckets. All that in the back of my chevette.

I had some old paper cone 16 ohm 12" woofers behind the seal of my rust bucket 68 Ford F100 when I was 16. It had an AM radio I added an FM tuner that went in the glove box. It sounded like crap, but it was all mine. [:)]

3 vehicles later, I was driving a beasty 79 Ford Pinto, which had a kinda nice Kenwood system I installed myself.