Act of Valor

Coytee

Having an integrated home theater with Jubs spoils: I usually wait until these titles come out on Blu-Ray. It's nice to hit pause and refresh the liquid refreshment and do a bio-break. [D]

But every once in a while, we support our local theaters. AMC has Klipsch, so it's almost as good going to the theaters as at home [H]

Chris

Having an integrated home theater with Jubs spoils: I usually wait until these titles come out on Blu-Ray. It's nice to hit pause and refresh the liquid refreshment and do a bio-break. BeerDrinks

But every once in a while, we support our local theaters. AMC has Klipsch, so it's almost as good going to the theaters as at home Cool

Chris

You mean that there are others that hit the pause button and retrieve "liquid" refreshments. Home theatre has its advantages... LOL...

I've seen probably four movies in the last.... 10 years. Two of them were with my father and one of them was at his suggestion. I figured this would be something he would like so I'd beat him to the punch.

I usually wait for them to come out on PPV or dvd but frankly, the circumstances behind this one (real people vs actors) had me feeling that it would be better to put the energy into seeing it rather than waiting. Sort of a respect thing, if you will, for our service men/women.

I saw it at a Regal so I walked in knowing it would be over a Klipsch system. As I walked in, there were indeed six KP 250's (??) hanging on the side walls. No idea what was behind the screen. I was expecting some superb blowout sound during the chain-gun boat scene that I've seen on the trailers. I'll admit that my high anticipations were not met. This isn't to say anything sounded bad at all.... just that I was expecting more a ear-splitting cacaphony of violence during a scene like that.

Aside from all that.... fast paced, enjoyable, gripping & somber at the same time. Actually, I found part of it to be funny as well.... Crisco.

[Y]

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see this also with my nephews....... My nephews 12 & 15 are total gun nuts. Every movie I watch with them they play the who can name the gun on screen first game, and it's quite impressive. My sister keeps asking me if it's normal for boys to like guns that much.....of course it is.....I say aloud, but in my mind i'm thinking, wait till they get older Hehe.

I'd like to see this also with my nephews....... My nephews 12 & 15 are total gun nuts. Every movie I watch with them they play the who can name the gun on screen first game, and it's quite impressive. My sister keeps asking me if it's normal for boys to like guns that much.....of course it is.....I say aloud, but in my mind i'm thinking, wait till they get older Hehe..................

................COYTEE........"4 movies in the last 10 years" ....that seems crazy to me, I usually go twice a week.

COYTEE........"4 movies in the last 10 years" ....that seems crazy to me, I usually go twice a week.

I'd rather see them at home on PPV or DVD over my home system. Also...realize that the house in TN is about 20 miles one way from the closest movie house. Get up, go to work (25 miles) go to the movie that night? nope... gotta get home & get dogs out & fed. Drive 25 miles home. Do I now what to go BACK out to from whence I recently came (20 miles)??? nope. Stay home & pet the dogs.

Now that I've got this pad in Jacksonville, I'm in the middle of all the action. I'm here to say... within 5/6 miles, I have work, gas stations, grocery stores, hospitals, dr's offices, furniture stores, Lowes, Walmart, fancy mall, movie house.... I mean, I'm in the middle of it.

I'm loving it however, there is certainly a benefit of living out in the boonies.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just finished watching the Blu-ray of this movie. My review is copied from a previous post:

The movie kicks @ss. I originally watched it @ a Regal Theater. I was disappointed with the Blu-ray audio though. It is recorded in DTS Master. It seems to be overly bloated on the low end and the level between the front and surrounds didn't seem to be matched. I had to bump down the surround levels about a dB. I've never had to do that with any other movie. Even the boat rescue scene wasnt very impressive. I was disappointed, which is sad becuase that was the one scene I was looking forward to. I'm curious to read others reviews of the Blu-ray.

I can not speak on the audio since I live in a apartment and watched it late.

The movie was very good since it gives us a idea of what the SEALs and their families go thru serving our country.

Watch all the special features with interviews with the real SEALs and some of their history.