Heresy Serial Decode Help?

Rhetor

Looking at pics of potential Heresys to purchase. Only one serial in the pics. Not sure how to decode when SN does not start with numbers.

So, a little help decoding SN 155Y672.

Also, the tweeters are K77

Mid driver is K55V

Woofer is K22

Interesting to that the woofers are ringed in RED . . My other woofers in my other 84 Heresys are black.

There is some water stain creeping up an 2 inches from the base of one speaker . . . Looks like somebody set them in just a little water at time, probably sitting on a floor in a garage. The wood does not look degraded, but the soak up stains are visible from the bottom of the speaker and creep up one sideof rom bottom up to three inches.

So, date interpretation? The red ringed woofers?

Thanks

Red cloth surrounds were used on EV and CTS woofers used in earlier Heresys. I don't recall seeing a red surround in anything from the 80s, just black paper surrounds, but I guess anything is possible. Klipsch bought woofers from lots of sources. Other possibilites are that someone replaced the woofer with one used in an earlier Heresy, or one that was never used in a Heresy. Are there any numbers on the woofer? Got pictures or links? Are the surrounds cloth, paper or foam?

XXXYXXX would indicate made in 1983.

As Fritz said, they are legit; somewhat rare now, but legit.

As Malcolm indicated, the "red" cone surround was not seen after1975 (usually EV), so it is likely that the original K-22's were replaced with older K-22's.

You may wish to avoid these. If they were in water, there may be oxidation/ humidity damage to the voice coils and diaphragms, etc. in the drivers, if not crossover caps.

Just a thought.

Aha! That makes sense . . . And there are some water stains creeping up the sides from the bottom up for about three inches...raw birch . . . So I am going to pass on them . . . He won't budge from $400.