Sadly, the Cornwall Vault is no longer available.

rpampt

Edit: ***Unfortunately the vault has most likely been discarded in the Cleveland area. Ive explained the circumstances in a couple posts below on 8/19/15 and today the 20th. I apologize to community for anything I did that contributed to it being discarded. I am disappointed along with many members here, even though I no longer have any Klipsch in my stable except for some earphones. While I havent posted much lately, I recognize this as a great forum with courteous and helpful members. Again, I ask the you accept my apologies! ***

This is just a note/reminder to everyone that the vault is safely stored away in case it's needed for another trip. Send me a PM or respond to this thread or both, if you need it or have questions.

And thanks again to ace168516 for maintaining it until I was in need. My Cornwalls are singing quite nicely and looking forward to some refinishing work this summer.

I'll bump this message up every once in awhile as a reminder.

Edited by rpampt

As a prior custodian of the Cornwall Vault, I thank you for taking on this significant responsibility. If history is any guide, you'll be the custodian for quite some time.

Eventually, someone will post asking about the rumored vault. At that point, others (who've never used--or even seen the vault) will chime in to question its existence and usefullness and to explain how it's being done all wrong. The undeniable facts are the vault has safely transported MANY pairs of Cornwalls.

Perhaps your stewardship will be shortened if you can prevail upon a forum administrator to pin a Cornwall Vault thread to the top of the 2-Channel forum.

I've taken the liberty of attaching a photo and including links to Cornwall Vault threads.

Cornwall Vault

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/880634.aspx

“Vault” search

http://forums.klipsch.com/search/SearchResults.aspx?q=vault+AND+sectionid%3a4&o=Relevance

Thank you.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Fwiw I have used the vault twice. At that time it was used enough so that it really didn't need a home Cornwalls were shipped and the receiver kept it until someone else needed it. The user then sent the vault on to the next user. Don't know a better way to ship a good condition pair of Cornwalls

My memory may be faulty ,actually I know it's faulty, but wasn't dean the original builder of the vault?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just to update the whereabouts of the Cornwall Vault. I used the vault a few years ago to transport a pair of Cornies from MN to IN. This past winter, I sold them to a fellow member on the Audiokarma forum. The Cornwalls traveled in the vault. I requested he join the Klipsch forum and report he was the new keeper. I am assuming he never did. I recently saw he was selling them locally in the Chicago area so I sent him a message to ask the new owner to do the same (report in to the Klipsch forum). He said he no longer has it. He told the delivery company they could keep it or destroy it.

So unfortunately it is no longer available. I apologize for that, but I had no control once he took ownership.

They originally went to northern OH, to a relative, for refinishing. Then when he moved them to Chicago, the vault was discarded in OH. That's the story as I understand it. While I held the vault, I never received any personal message requesting the use of it, but I did receive a question about it as to how it worked. Again my apologies to the community!

That makes me sad, that vault had been lovingly stored and cared for and transported umpteen numbers of Cornwalls. Sad that it ended up in the hands of someone who didn't give a damn. If I'd known the vault was in IN/OH , I'd have offered to store it and make it available. 

• Like 5

I paid to have that built. I gave it to the forum with the understanding that it was to stay within the domain of the forum. It was to be returned to me in the event that no one wanted to store it any longer. Use of The Vault was not a right, but a privilege - it shouldn't have been used for an audioKarma sale.

Edited by Crankysoldermeister
  • Like 4