Sadly, the Cornwall Vault is no longer available.

rpampt

Just to update the whereabouts of the Cornwall Vault. I used the vault a few years ago to transport a pair of Cornies from MN to IN. This past winter, I sold them to a fellow member on the Audiokarma forum. The Cornwalls traveled in the vault. I requested he join the Klipsch forum and report he was the new keeper. I am assuming he never did. I recently saw he was selling them locally in the Chicago area so I sent him a message to ask the new owner to do the same (report in to the Klipsch forum). He said he no longer has it. He told the delivery company they could keep it or destroy it.

So unfortunately it is no longer available. I apologize for that," but I had no control once he took ownership."

They originally went to northern OH, to a relative, for refinishing. Then when he moved them to Chicago, the vault was discarded in OH. That's the story as I understand it. While I held the vault, I never received any personal message requesting the use of it, but I did receive a question about it as to how it worked. Again my apologies to the community!

post-45111-0-46800000-1440068830_thumb.j

Edited by angusruler

RIP

I'm amazed it lasted as long as it did. Many successful shipments took place. It's too bad it had to end, but it was good while it lasted.

As the attached photos show, It was large and heavy. Not everyone has the space or inclination to take on the responsibility of such a large re-usable shipping container.

Thank you rpampt for taking care of it and editing the subject of this thread to reflect that the vault is no longer available for travel. I fault the buyer, not you. Your multi-year stewardship was more than your fair share. [/size]

post-6832-0-32600000-1440076319_thumb.jp

post-6832-0-04800000-1440076327_thumb.jp

Edited by DizRotus

I took it as a priveledge as well. I maintained it out of the weather in good condition for a couple years. While it was used in the sale on AK, I requested he join the Klipsch forum and had no indication that he would not. I also gave him the history of the vault. I am not sure how he had the speakers moved from Cleveland to Chicago after they were refinished and why he didn't use the vault again other than he said it was going to cost an extra $150 to use it.

Not trying to pass the buck, just explaining that I am as disappointed as others here on the forum. That we discussed it and when he bought them it was understood. He used them to transport to Cleveland, but chose on his own to discard it after the refurb. I don't know how he transported them on the second trip to Chicago, but obviously without the vault.

I didn't find out until I contacted him recently when he was reselling. He possibly became a member here, but I'm not sure.

rpampt- Sorry to hear about the loss of the vault.  I have done business in the past with the guy who bought your CW's.  He seems like a standup guy.   I am shocked he just let it go to the delivery company.  Like coulter said, I would have also taken the vault in and held onto it for another forum member to use if I had known what your buyer was going to do with it.

Well that was a crappy thing to happen. Maybe can find out the delivery company.

Post #1 was updated to indicate the vault was discarded in Cleveland.

+++

Should anyone decide to make such a shipping container again, some sort of sign or plaque should be attached to indicate that it should be preserved, and have contact information included.  That would really help with the problem inherent with word-of-mouth communication.

• Like 1