Thebes Wants You To Win a Klipsch T-Shirt Donated By...

thebes

Hope I'm doing this right!!

Jonas & The Massive Attraction

a little band out of Montreal Canada that kicks ***!!

Hard Rock - Saw them open for Deep Purple 3 weeks ago

The album is called "Big Slice" couple tunes getting airplay - Title track - Big Slice and another is Seize the Day

They have that fearless, take no prisoners, ballsy attitude. Singer has a nice growly voice. They put on a pretty high energy show.

Pretty cool band and thanks for posting. Also welcome to the Forum . Stick around you'll like it here.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok the exact opposite of Japanese electronic noise is a new band
from Kentucky called The Dirt Daubers they do mountain music, rockabilly, rag time,
bluegrass, harlem jazz and a little honky tonk. Great music and live
shows.

http://www.thedirtdaubers.net/

pictures.htm#dirt_daubers.jpg

J.D. Wilkes - Banjo, Harmonica, Piano, Kazoo, Vocals

Jessica Wilkes - Mandolin, Vocals

Mark Robertson - Stand-up bass

Check out the videos http://www.thedirtdaubers.net/videos.htm

In the first video I dig the little horns on his harmonica... tooo cool.

I bet live they tear the place apart. Can't wait to see them.

Great songs. Reminds me sorta of the Asylum Street Spankers meets Squirrel Nut Zippers.

Squirrel Nut Zippers and Asylum Street Spankers are two good bands to be associated. The Dirt Daubers are opening for the Asylum Street Spankers on a couple tour dates this year.

Yeah she gets around. I like the rockabilly girls.

Artist: Lana Del Rey

Album: Born to Die

Genre: Indie Pop

Lana Del Rey or (Lizzy Grant) is known by many for a Poor outing on Saturday Night Live on January 14, 2012. Now I personally didn't care for "Video games" the song she was panned for after the show. Put the SNL thing aside and give her a chance you might like it. I have the whole album now and play it often. I'm not sure POP is the best way to describe her but the songs are fresh and fun and sexy too.I suggest you visit her on Spotify and see what you think. I like "Off to the races" Go get it there's some talent and a twist from most of the radio fodder.

Without reading through all previous entries and not being interested in the shirt due to size, here's mine: Lana Del Rey. Soul/Pop. Her voice is amazing. She's been criticized a bunch for plastic surgery/Botox at a young age and therefore leading by poor example. I could care less about all of that. She's just a great singer in my book. Im officially removing myself from the winners pool but just wanted to share!

You ever heard of the this Italian American gentlemen, he has since past on, but the cat could sing. Its just too bad he never really made a name for himself while he was alive. I just discovered him last week, his name is Frank Sinatra, very talented voice. Check him out.

Ha, Frank was born in Jersey and that makes him 100% American. Just because his parents were Italian immigrants doesn't make him Italian by default. Were you just seeing who's paying attention? This guy is!

My vote:

The Civil Wars

2011 breakthrough album: "Barton Hollow"

folk/country duet with acoustic instruments and incredible male/female harmonies

their sound is MADE for Klipsch heritage speakers!

Darrell

That is one I've been thinking I'd like... Time to add it to my Amazon shopping cart... Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...