Suggest an AVR for me.

JasonJCarney

That's great to hear. I do have an iPhone but wasn't aware of the app you spoke of.

It's called iControlAV2 I use it on my ipad. That link is from the Pioneer website but at the bottom there is another link to the download.

If you've never had airplay before, you are in for a fun experience. Especially with a networked receiver........

To my knowledge every marantz has preouts

The 5006 has a 2.2 pre-out. The 6006 has 7.1 pre-out.

Weird, your right on that one, all of my previous marantz receivers always had full preouts, even my marantz 5004 had 7.1 preout, I always liked their "lower end" receivers for the preouts as you got nearly the same functionality through the entire lineup and could use your amps to avoid the heavy costs, thats a silly practice to reduce your potential customer base by requiring someone to spend an addition 400 to get real preouts

One cool feature of Airplay if you are hardwired to your modem / network, you can turn on the receiver from any computer within your network thru itunes. Just click the airplay icon in itunes.

To enable this in the receiver go to: System setup>Network setup>network standby>on