FINALLY JUBS HAVE ARRIVED

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wifes not home yet, dont know if she knows what she's in for, but that Cherry Sure is pretty.

You will notice that i had temporarily mounted the 510/703 on a sheet of plywood. I did that so i could test them out when i got them. I use the HF/MF section on my Belles LF section for a short time while i waited and waited and waited. I doubt i will screw them into the top section of the Jubilee bin, although it looks like there are two screws that came in the top of the jub bin. It could be for a mounting kit of some kind for the K402's. At the very least i will paint the plywood black to match the rest of the gear. You will also see that i have the jub on a carpeted rollers that i made a little while ago for my La Scala's i used to have.

The 510 base should mount in the same 2 screw holes that the 402 base mounts in. Just take the 2 screws out and mount your 510/703 .

When you get a chance, tell us more about the configuration. For example, crossover points, drivers, etc.

There are, of course, a number of configurations you can use on top of the Jubilee bass bin. You have chosen one that seems unusual. Please tell us more about your strategy on this. This is not a criticism and I am a big fan of the K-510 horn. I was just curious about your choice.

Guest Anonymous

I picked up a KPT-335 HF/MF which consists of a K-510/K69A and K-703/K70G, has the stock behind the screen xover. However....It does have a pair of attenuators from ALKENG which allows you to adjust the HF/MF sections only using the -3db, -5db,-7db, -9db(i think, i'd have to have another look). I have it set for -5db.currently. I will listen to it like that for a bit, and tweek as needed. The attenuators are autoformer based not resistive so they do not hurt dampening factor. They came attached to the top section board and were included as part of the xovers. The KPT335 section crosses at 800hz for the MF and 5000hz for the HF. The Jub Bin rolls off at 1100Hz. I bought the HF/MF section because it was a good opportunity(and i needed something for my jubs). i think long term i'd like the K402 with the K510. For now this is working. I do prefer 3 way passive...less messing around for me.

When you get a chance, tell us more about the configuration. For example, crossover points, drivers, etc.

He's probably playing his favorite tunes...so let me answer this. The drivers are k-69 for the mid's and k-70-g for the tweeter. Horns are k-510 and k-703, mounted on an OEM Klipsch motorboard for that combo. On the rear of the motor boards are factory mounted Klipsch passive xovers with separate HF and LF inputs. An ALK attenuator was mounted there to adjust the HF section from -3 to -9 db. Xover points are 800hz and 5000hz. The Jubs can play out to 1100hz so 800hz is no problem.

Congrats. For easiest uncrating, start with carton upside down, unfold the lid of the box, slowly rotate (2 man job) onto back, the upright, lift box off the speaker, remove foam top block, lift speaker off bottom block and position. Now get those diffracting giraffes out of the way.

Congratulations, and very nice. You got yours before I got my replacement LF, lol. My Jub will be delivered by a Piano removalist this Friday. It was to be opened at the Cinema Dealer today inspected and photographed to make sure it's OK as the plastic wrap around the box concealed the damaged corner of the carton where it had been dropped.

The unusual part is that on Thursday I will be at a resort in the Sydney Blue Mountains with the Cinema dealer looking over a new small Cinema/functions room we are to fit out. I will be meeting him in person for the 1st time and while I'm with him his secretary will call me to let me know the time on Friday that my Jub will be delivered. What other little twists can you add to my order, lol. Well they accidentally ordered a KPT-402/K69 with the replacement LF so I will now have 3 HF's. I could double stack my LaScala sideways as centre channel, put the 55" TV on that and then the 402 on that, lol.

So it great all your concerns are now resolved.

Guest Anonymous

Now get those diffracting giraffes out of the way.

Jubs make me happy, Giraffes make wife happy...IF Giraffes make wife happy, Giraffes make me happy...Giraffes make jubs tolerable for wife...lol...

Its a bit of a trade off...

Congrats on the Jubilees! I am sure you will be busy rediscovering your music collection.

You mean people actually listen to these things?

I thought it was only the guys with industrial black models were the ones who actually listened to them.... all the owners of the pretty ones only looked at them, catatonic and unable to take their eyes from them long enough to find the power button.

wimps.

[:D]