Lascala cabinet modification - part 2 - k48 vs k43 or k33

OO1

Good evening to all ,

Lascala Speakers come with either a k33 or k43 with the industrial version -

-PRO -speakers like the KP320 - KP 3002 -KP 301 series come with the K48 driver - would this woofer be a good choice in a SCALA for the sole purpose of added bass response -

-Does this woofer fit in the speaker cabinet without modifying the dog house or the woofer frame - thank you

stamp frame k-44 and k-43's will fit in a LaScala as is. Once you get into cast frames like K-43-KP, K-45's and K-48's, you have to cut about 1/4 of an inch on each side of the woofer at the 3 and 9 oclock position . When you make this cut, make sure that the 4 mounting holes are at 2, 4, 8, and 10 oclock position. On 2004 and later LaScala's, you don't have to make these cuts since the cabs have grooves in them that allow cast frame woofers. I wouldn't use a k-48 in a LaScala cab. K-43, k-44, and k-45 work well in LaScala's.......bass is not lower or deeper in hz just the thump moves up higher.

I designed the vented LaScala mod for the K43, although it also works well for the K33.

I think the K43 with the mod has both better bass and better midrange than the K33.

Without the mod the K33 has a tiny bit more bass, but the K43 still has better midrange.