RC-52 II with RB-61 II?

nardox

I'm putting my first real home theater setup together soon (had a 2.0 setup before this)

I already have the receiver which is a Denon AVR-2112CI, and I have decided to go with Klipsch speakers. (Heard them once at a friends place and loved them)

Due to current space constraints, the largest center channel I can use is RC-52 II, the RC-62 II is a little too wide.

I noticed that in the RB-61 II package, Klipsch put the RB-61 II and RC-52 II together along with the RS-42 II, do you guys think the RC-52 II is a good match if I'm using the RB-61 II as front?

(I'm planning on using this system for a while and won't be upgrading any time soon)

Nardox,

Welcome to the forum.

I think the RC-52II will be just fine with the RB-61II's(Klipsch suggestion). If your fronts were anything larger like the RB-81II's, the answer would be no. The RC-52II is no slouch but does get a bad rap because it is often mistakingly paired up with RF-82II's and that just don't work.

Good luck and enjoy your soon to be toys,

Bill

I have a 100% mint RC52 center I am selling - currently on Ebay. it is the previous version but it will work great for you. let me know if you are interested

I was using it with my KLF20s (MUCH larger speaker) and honestly it was just fine. it took some tweaking with the crossovers on my Denon but it held its own without complaint. Like you it was the biggest that would fit in my previous TV console

Rc-52 would be perfect with rb-61's. The only thing I will caution you on is that HT can be adivtive. You could be better off with an rc-62. First the rc-62 is heads and tails better than the rc-52 and I have owned both. Second, if you ever upgrade in the future you can add RF-82's to the front and slide the rb-61's to surround.