XMC-1 now on Emotiva.com

themrclean

Hopefully me!!! Cool

You definitely should! Then you could finally unload that rickity old UMC-1 that's outlived it's welcome. I know some people who know some people who can put it out of it's misery, so just send it my way!

Hopefully me!!! Cool

You definitely should! Then you could finally unload that rickity old UMC-1 that's outlived it's welcome. I know some people who know some people who can put it out of it's misery, so just send it my way!

Hahaha, unlike some people I have no issues at all with my UMC and happen to love it. I upgraded both of mine to the latest firmware and they are awesome as far as I'm concerned. You should think about buying one though, only $499 right now, can't beat that, plus it would mean you could buy the XMC for $899 when you're ready!

But, I'm pretty sure you don't get the discount card, at the $499.00 price. I 2 Love my UMC-1. It Kicks ***!

IT show in Clearance but is OOS

I am 100% positive you do get the upgrade card at $499. They just posted this on their forum actually, it's an awesome deal...

• Moderators

But, I'm pretty sure you don't get the discount card, at the $499.00 price. I 2 Love my UMC-1.

I picked up my UMC-1 in Oct of last year during their Christmas $499 clearance. I received my 40% discount card within 2 weeks. I believe they are still offering it with the $499 clearance.

This prepro will not be for everyone. If it is like their other products it will aimed at those more concerned with overall audio performance.

....and those that don't mind constant connectivity issues. lol

but to be fair about the price emtiva gave away those 40% off upgrade cards to all UMC-1 buyers so really the vast majority of the XMC's they sell will be for $900 not $1500. It's my belief that those cards ar the reason the xmc is at the $1500 price point. Cause the features do not point towards a $1500 pre pro. (1 HDMI our and 7 vice 9 channels)

7.2 is a great amount of speakers IMO. 9.X or higher is getting ridiculous and is a ton of speakers not to mention most formats are still in in 5.1. Its an expensive piuece of equipment even after the discount and i think part of the price hike is that emotiva is establishing them across the board with higher prices. They wanted to be cost effective but after the last hike it shows they msjudged cost of operations.

I would much rather buy a dedicated pre/pro than a receiver and just use the receiver as the pro. receivers are too jack of all trades when you compare them to a dedicated prepro unit. I have researched any of the xmc-1 vs the umc-1 or other receiver and what not so i cant really evaluate its worth. I am hoping they learned their lesson with the UMC-1 and made sure that they included pure bypass for video etc and well, not be glitchy as ****.

This prepro will not be for everyone. If it is like their other products it will aimed at those more concerned with overall audio performance.

but to be fair about the price emtiva gave away those 40% off upgrade cards to all UMC-1 buyers so really the vast majority of the XMC's they sell will be for $900 not $1500. It's my belief that those cards ar the reason the xmc is at the $1500 price point. Cause the features do not point towards a $1500 pre pro. (1 HDMI our and 7 vice 9 channels)

Did you have connectivity issues with your UMC?

I've had my UMC over two years, and never any "connectivity" issues with ten different hdmi components.The amount of channels I'm sure impresses some people?? that's fine for them.Again, audio quality is the driving factor for a substantial number of enthusiast, but not all.Who knows, the thing may sound like crap, if it does I'll be one of the first to say so.

I too have a UMC-1 and love it! Sounds better than any pre/pro or receiver I've owned. As long as your components play well with the UMC-1 its an outstanding buy.

Im on the XMC-1 pre-order list, but on the fence about replacing the UMC-1.

I too have a UMC-1 and love it! Sounds better than any pre/pro or receiver I've owned. As long as your components play well with the UMC-1 its an outstanding buy.

Im on the XMC-1 pre-order list, but on the fence about replacing the UMC-1.

I can understand that, it's pretty hard to beat unless you need a feature the XMC has, or just can't resist a deal.

I've had my UMC over two years, and never any "connectivity" issues with ten different hdmi components.The amount of channels I'm sure impresses some people?? that's fine for them.Again, audio quality is the driving factor for a substantial number of enthusiast, but not all.Who knows, the thing may sound like crap, if it does I'll be one of the first to say so.

That's great that you never had connection issues. But don't try to down play that the issues were present for others. It's all over the Internet.

That's great that you never had connection issues. But don't try to down play that the issues were present for others. It's all over the Internet.

What are typin' about? play down? You still did not say you owned one? Oh...you read stuff, I see.Please show me one unit in the whole internet that has no complaints from anyone and I'll buy you a dvd of your choice.

I said I did not have any connection issues, that's playin' it down?,lol.I did not know it was all over the internet, we all know the internet is always reliable,again lol.Anywho...rock on, enjoy the beautiful music.