Should I buy the Heresy II or the KG 5.5 ?

TBC: welcome to the forum. Loaded question. If you are willing to consider a sub or two the Heresy would be choice #1. If you can afford it buy both (Heresy and KG5.5). The chance to buy a Heresy for $250.00 does not come up much and they are a better speaker than the 5.5 in all but bass output. You can use a Hersey for a lot of different things. If you just want one set of speakers I would say look for a Forte ll or a solid set of KLF20 or a CF3 over a KG5.5 at $475.00 not bad but not great as far as price goes. Great hard pounding speaker don't get me wrong but not the detail of the three ways or the two way mentioned (CF3).Don't discount a Chorus ll for the right price if you find a pair go listen and see what you think. Not trying to complicate things but you really need to do some auditioning to see what works for you. Hope this helps best regards Moray James.

I would buy the Heresy II quickly. $250 is a steal, and you can purchase the Heresy III upgrade kit directly from Klipsch for it. Heck, you could easily sell them for $400 if they are in half way decent condition.

I have some KG stuff, and really like it. My biggest is a KG 4.5, and it is a formidable speaker. I would choose a Heresy over it if there was a sub. Heresy's do very well with classic rock. They really slam, and are very quick sounding for lack of a better term.

Thanks for the invite to the forum MJ !

I do have 3 subs. A KSW-10, a KSW-12, and Polk PSW 350( I think that is a 10 Inch). So I do have one, although someone is comming over to buy the KSW-10 on Friday for $125.00. I think that is a good deal.

Anyway, I cant wing both of them for now, I might try the Heresy. I think he said he will go $225 now. Have to see if the cabinets are decent. I have to check into the KLF20, the CF3. I am a novice, so I have to some legwork on these. Thanks Bud [6] The Texs Bone Crusher ( TBC )

Hello T.B.C, I hope all is well?? I have not had a chance to listen to the Herseys but I do believe the price on them sounds like a fantastic deal! I have a pair of KG 5.5's as I do like them quite well... of corse I have the Bob Crites mods as that helped out a little bit with the mids and such. At $475 they are a little over priced unless they have been modified then not to bad. I bought mine used for $225 as its seems thats about around the price tag... stock that is. Around $200 to $350 seems to be the going rate anyhow. I use them mainly for HT so I have two subs to match with the KG's but for music they arnt to bad as well... I still use the subs thou. The KG's do have pretty good bass if you are using them as a 2 ch set up all by themselfs, its just I prefer a little more bass is all.

I agree with Skally, the KG 5.5s are overpriced. I bought a pristine pair a few years ago for under $300. However, you can see the trade-off: Cheaper Heresys, but you will likely eventually (maybe sooner than later) want a sub (~$400 minimum) to give them a low bottom end, vs. $475 KG 5.5s w/o needing a sub (unless you eventually add more speakers for a full home theater set-up).I would try to talk the seller of the 5.5s down to at least $400.