E-V Patrician 800 speakers - goody!

Woodog

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It always helps to express interest... here's the rest of the 'take'

I asked if I could have the amps that drove the speakers... sure, they said. Lookit what was in there:

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r21/woodogs-world/Amplifier-Altec1568a/

Do I want anything else related to the amps, they asked...

Lookit what was in there:

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r21/woodogs-world/Projection%20Room/

Finally, I got a call asking if I wanted the big black speaker in the back of the theater... they needed it gone. why yes, yes indeed I'll help you get rid of it...

An Altec Voice of the Theater A4 cabinet

2 515Bs, a 288-16G and the horn ... as well as a HUGE cabinet, along with the original packing list and instructions for assembly.

http://s140.photobucket.com/albums/r21/woodogs-world/vot/

anybody know anything about old projectors? :-)

Forrest

anybody know anything about old projectors? :-)

Forrest,

Those could be great for playing vintage or archival reels. Most currect theatres use horizontal plate projectors which put a lot of stress on the film as the film is pulled from the center of the reel and twisted and fed through the projector and back onto a other flat horizontal reel. This method doesn't require rewinding the films, making it easier for a theatre to play the film for the next showing.

There should be a market for those verticle projectors.

...and an old Revox RTR... unbelievable.

Bruce

Now you have to rent a building to set up a "Real Life Live Home Theatre". All you need now are a couple of old theatre seats with

chewing gum stuck on the bottom.

JJK

I have plenty of that on the bottom of the piano (seriously).

Forrest

Man, those drivers really look like NOS compared to the cabinets!

I'd love to hear them. I recall looking at magazine pix of these things in awe back in the day.

Interesting seeing the horns vertically mounted. Seems like it would limit dispersion?

Dave

Interesting seeing the horns vertically mounted. Seems like it would limit dispersion?

Those look like EV 8HD horns (I have a pair of them myself). They are diffrection horns, and have wider dispersions when mounted vertically, with 120 x 90 degrees. Works the same way placing your finger just under one side of a water stream, and it deflects to the same side.

Bruce

Works the same way placing your finger just under one side of a water stream, and it deflects to the same side.

Fascinating. You learn something every day!

Never seen diffraction applied to music speakers, only paging horns...

Dave

Awesome Forrest, nice to see you posting. They are a beautiful find and even better deal[;)] Guess the Woo-Corns are going to have a real run for their money in the near future eh[:o] Need to bring those babies to the next Hope gig, I'm sure Seti and I can bring some juice for them[:P] Keep us posted on your refurb[8]

great stuff here. I too have a set of old 8HD horns and 1829 drivers. Forrest, are you going to reuse that old cane grille and if not, do you think it would be salvagable for other other projects? I have this pair of 1963 Cornwalls here and the cane is just disintegrated.

I need to get new grill cloth I think. Got any ideas where I can acquire it? It's pretty shot, and smaller than a cornwall enclosure.

It would probably work for Khorns, however....

Forrest

great stuff here. I too have a set of old 8HD horns and 1829 drivers. Forrest, are you going to reuse that old cane grille and if not, do you think it would be salvagable for other other projects? I have this pair of 1963 Cornwalls here and the cane is just disintegrated.