Peach won't turn on

Macallan

blown fuse could be bad tube, accidental short of input or output connectors, over driven, over voltage condition, use of power strips to turn everything on and off instead of the unit's power on button or a sequential soft start device (source on, then, pre, then amp, when powering down, amp off, then pre, then source)

I check Radio Shack on line and they sell them, however they sell lots of variety. Slow burn, fast acting or ceramic and thermal? The Fuse inside the peach has the following on it 312 on one end, 1A/250vp on the other. It looks most like the fast acting fuses on the site but they are all listed by amps. How many Amps? Does the 312 mean anything?

Thanks. So i need a 1 amp fast blow fuse. Should i replace the rectifier tube as well or just the fuse to start?

No. Just replace the fuse. Go to your local RS and get a package of 5 (or whatever quantity they sell). They're only a few bucks. If it continues to blow, then you can begin to worry about why. Sometimes it just happens.

Once you have installed a new fuse if it blows the new one then remove the rectifier tube install a new fuse and try it without the rectifier tube. If the fuse survives that then try a new rectifier tube. If it then blows the fuse again it will most likely require a trip back to Mark.