Best movie for showing off your system

Rippyman

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The newest Rambo on blu ray is pretty amazing! C-4 tied to a two thousand pound bomb Does amazing things to any subwoofer. And Stallone up on the mounted 50 cal mowing people in half is pretty awesome for just about every other speaker in your setup. plus it's 7.1 which always a treat!

The two T's for sure.

There is a scene in The Book of Eli that has one of the best gun shooting scenes I have heard. Even with my wimpy surround it sounds good. With some solid surround I would bet it is even better. Its one of those ones that makes you look over your shoulder. I love those.

YES.. i was watching this the other night to show off my new sub to the folks. bullets flying all around us, smiles on all faces - inlcuding my mom who feels spending money on such things is pointless.

You have one of those too? I thought I was the only one.

• Moderators

There is a scene in The Book of Eli that has one of the best gun shooting scenes I have heard. Even with my wimpy surround it sounds good. With some solid surround I would bet it is even better.

totally agree. awesome movie and incredible sound. my fav gun scene was when they were shooting up the house. when they opened up the truck and began firing the gatlin gun, man that was serious impact.

Hey there,

I am new to the Klipsch gallery or blog and just wondered since you have some great equipment if you could give me some help choosing a receiver because my other one is getting a bit old.

RC 64 II Klipsch center channel speaker

SW 450 Klipsch powered sub woofer

PS 3 blu-ray player wireless

New 2012 46" Samsung LED Smart TV W/Camera setup

Toshiba E-205 Satelite labtop with Push TV adapter for instant wireless display on T.V.

Wii Console wireless

*** and for now a 8 year old Harmon Kardon receiver still working now but wanted to get the new Klipsch 10" tower speakers....

*** What would you recommend for a receiver? Please E-Mail to gabmigut@gmail.com... Subject receiver so I know it's a response. Thanks man

*** Or if anyone else knows what I should do please responde as well. Thanks.....

going back a few years, a guy I know has (had) laser discs. when he bought his pioneer unit, they gave him a movie demo disc

it contained Spielberg movie clips from what i could tell and it was very good

i had the guy transfer it to VCR tape for me and used it with Dolby Pro-Logic

maybe someone has this and could transfer this to DVD ?

I am going to say Terminator 2 is a really good one. It's what I consider to be the best sci-fi movie ever, and the opening scene of the apocolyptic future is just intense. There is so much going on with the skulls cracking under the enormous machine treads and the lasers, and people screaming in the background and the music. Another good one is Avatar. The visuals are excellent and there is a lot of detail in the background sounds that can really shine through with a good setup. You also could never go wrong with Jurassic Park.

I will answer "Whatever movie or video you prefer to experience", because it will look and sound better here than in about 99% of other systems.

I think what I most enjoy, though, is not the typical "most modern, highly produced" new releases. Of COURSE those will be good! It's the old titles that I can now watch in 1.78:1 that's absolutely wonderful. I found a $4 DVD copy of "The Longest Yard" (original, 2006 reissue) that when run through the Oppo looks outstanding on the big Sony. I get a bigger kick out of stuff like this, especially since there's a treasure trove of similar titles out there. Paying attention to video scaling issues does make a difference!