What I Got Today!

Brac

I got diagnosed with 2-3 metatarsal stress fractures in my foot and a lengthy recovery.

Wow, what did you do to deserve that???  It seems like your foot would have to take quite a beating to break your foot in three places!

Who has two thumbs and just got his honors status back on his entry semester?  This guy.  :D

You're in grad school, you are supposed to have figured out how this "grades" thing works by now.  Nevertheless, congratulations!  :emotion-21::emotion-19:

Now get back to work.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Who has two thumbs and just got his honors status back on his entry semester?  This guy.  :D

You're in grad school, you are supposed to have figured out how this "grades" thing works by now.  Nevertheless, congratulations!  :emotion-21::emotion-19:

Now get back to work.

Well...undergrad anyway. lol

I'm also supposed to have attended a freshman seminar at Maryville...we all know how that didn't work.

I'm also supposed to have attended a freshman seminar at Maryville...we all know how that didn't work.

What you are doing now, seems to be meaningless/BS sometimes, but it matters.

This "Schooling Time" will have effects for the rest of you're days.

Wish someone had told me that at your age instead of issuing me an M14 and pointing 

at the jungle, the bad guys are thata-way :o

Free HDTV :)

Today I got started on my antenna install. Parts-Express had antennas on sale so I picked up a couple of them. My boss gave me a used 4 section antenna mast that he salvaged from somewhere. A spool RG6QS and a package of Snap-N-Seal F-Connectors were also required.

Where I live I have access to Tampa and Orlando DMAs thus 2 antennas. This is a more or less a preliminary install. I have at least 10' more height to be attained with the mast. It was WAY windy today and I wasn't comfortable being on the roof. One day very soon I'll get back up there and finish the install.

Even not yet at full height I get almost 70 channels. Once I get the directionality dialed in and the mast at full height that number should climb to closer to 90. Of course by the time I delete the channels I'll never watch the number will be around 20 or so.

This is what they look like:

Antenna_zpsiwe6uxj6.jpg

• Like 6

Today I got started on my antenna install. Parts-Express had antennas on sale so I picked up a couple of them. My boss gave me a used 4 section antenna mast that he salvaged from somewhere. A spool RG6QS and a package of Snap-N-Seal F-Connectors were also required.

Where I live I have access to Tampa and Orlando DMAs thus 2 antennas. This is a more or less a preliminary install. I have at least 10' more height to be attained with the mast. It was WAY windy today and I wasn't comfortable being on the roof. One day very soon I'll get back up there and finish the install.

Even not yet at full height I get almost 70 channels. Once I get the directionality dialed in and the mast at full height that number should climb to closer to 90. Of course by the time I delete the channels I'll never watch the number will be around 20 or so.

Antenna_zpsiwe6uxj6.jpg

It is good to see more people taking advantage of "FREE"!.

Iv been running my "Ovenrack" UHF for pushing 6 years now, cut the cable a month after install, the family has really not missed anything.

Netflix, VuDu can provide just about anything you really miss.

And just think, you cut "The Cable" and you NO longer support Momma June & Honey BooBoo, you have done something good for America :emotion-21:

This pic is of my "OvenRack" UHF, 6 years running, next time i feel like messing around with the TV channels i will "Double Up" on another one of these facing west, Frisco is spotty @85 miles away.

post-57941-0-43600000-1450563023_thumb.j

• Like 3

Antenna_zpsiwe6uxj6.jpg

Iv been running my "Ovenrack" UHF for pushing 6 years now, cut the cable a month after install, the family has really not missed anything.

And just think, you cut "The Cable" and you NO longer support Momma June & Honey BooBoo, you have done something good for America :emotion-21:

This pic is of my "OvenRack" UHF, 6 years running, next time i feel like messing around with the TV channels i will "Double Up" on another one of these facing west, Frisco is spotty @85 miles away.

Free TV is awesome, Though I can't have an outside antenna do to apartment living I do have an inside UHF antenna that works awesome.

• Like 2

The main Tampa antenna farm is 45 miles from me and the main Orlando antenna farm is 55 miles from me. In addition to that two there are a number of "off axis" channels that aren't worth the effort to receive. If I wanted to receive ALL of the broadcast channels close to me it would take 5 or 6 antennas. I ain't gonna go there.

I'd like very much to be only able to use UHF only antennas but many of the local channels are still broadcasting in the VHF end of the spectrum.

I thought you were working on a PhD in History.

It's much harder IMO to make Dean's List as an undergrad than as a grad student.  My undergrad GPA in my major of psych was close to about 3.8 but when combined with my required math classes and foreign languages I dropped to under three!

Grad school where you take only classes within your major and that you like was much easier for me.  B)

Antenna_zpsiwe6uxj6.jpg

Free TV is awesome, Though I can't have an outside antenna do to apartment living I do have an inside UHF antenna that works awesome.

Iv helped a few buds living Apt life.

See if you can get your hands on something like im running here. the big ovenrack thing.

Hang that puppy inside a window or high on the wall.

You WILL get more channels.

• Like 1

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!