What I Got Today!

Brac

On 10/18/2016 at 10:35 PM, A1UC said:

long day got my pearl 3s setup hope to listen tomorrow

Nice!  :emotion-21:

Where had you heard these to decide these are what you want?  I presume these go with a 2-channel rig.

You have a pretty good eye for nice equipment, but you also rotate through some of that stuff once you find your keepers.  Will these speakers be with you for a while?

Yes I go through a bunch of gear until I find keepers , my Totaldac Twelve is a keeper and these pearl 3's are for sure also keepers . As far as my 2 ch setup it's done finally, I need to change some power cable ends and that's about it . I'd like to order a 20ft pair of speaker cables so I can move my gear to a side wall but to buy 20 footers to match my current cables is a huge cost .

I never heard the Pearl 3 but I have the perspectives so I knew they would sound good , plus I know someone with pearl 2's upgrading them to 3's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Customized AR-XA in a solid cherry wood plinth with rounded corners.Upgraded the bearings with sapphire, SME S-shaped tube,Technics head shell, upgraded springs and suspension dampening, polished platter, redone motor, and just added a Grado 8MZ to it with the original head shell modded to screw onto the SME tube. Some already know the builder of this table and have some of his product.

The second one is also finished and had adjustable feet added on for ease of leveling as well as having the platter done in brushed aluminum to match the feet . More mods were done to the suspension and t-bar.A few on here also know the builder of this table and have his product.

Also added a pair of Vandersteen 2ci speakers.

The next table is going to be modified with a different arm and may be a slightly beefier table.

20161015_160655.jpg

XA DONE.JPG

• Like 2

11 hours ago, A1UC said:

Headphones are fun for sure

Totally different experience from speakers, but pretty awesome. It's much more intimate and close. These are my first set of good headphones. I have a set of Grado SR60, which for the price, are great - but they are still entry level.

If I had to guess, these PSBs are probably entry into high-end. Haven't listened much, but thus far I'm thoroughly enjoying them. I'm definitely a speaker guy, but this is the first experience I've had with headphones that give me some of what I enjoy so much from a good 2-channel system.

The HD800 is a nice starting out headphone

I had and have these , the LCD Headphones are heavy

Sony MDR-Z1R
BeyerDynamic T1   
Sennheiser HD 800
LCD 3
LCD X
Sennheiser HD1000
Sennheiser HD 800S  Still Have
Abyss Still Have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, FuzzyDog said:

but i haven't found the Weller 12 yet

I'm picking up a bottle tomorrow.  It might be last years as this particular store hoards them and doesn't put them on the shelves.  The other stores I called haven't gotten any yet.

Just now, CECAA850 said:

It might be last years as this particular store hoards them and doesn't put them on the shelves. 

The bourbon craze has gotten out of hand.  My local dealer keeps the good stuff off the shelves too...you need to get to know the guy before he invites you into the stock room.

Since it takes so long to age bourbon, i'm counting on a major surplus in 10 years when the craze is gone and the rickhouses are overflowing.  

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!