What I Got Today!

Brac

6 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Very nice. Is that stainless or black stainless? I recently upgraded all appliances, went with the slate color. A month later I noticed the black stainless, I really like it.

Nothing like Gas :emotion-21:

9 years ago upon moving into this "Flipper Re-modeled" home, we see a Brand spankin new "Induction" range installed.

Wife looking at, she said wish i had a gas stove. Flipper's wife stated "This will sell the house !

Week after moving in the "Flipper" couple show up just as my Bud a Bartender is loading his new "Induction" range.:o

Flipper wife freaks out, hope you made some good money on that, she said, my wife spouted off "We Gave It To Him":P

• Meanwile im running a gas pipe in the garage............:emotion-21::emotion-21:
  • Like 1

An invisible amp?

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Picked this bad boy up at Guitar Center today. Three year transferable warranty. 440 watts in an 8 ohm load, with dsp and remote power control. Its been some time since purchased any new gear. If i dont like it, they have a 45 day return policy.

• Like 1

I just picked up a Sherbourn C-10 cooling system from a seller on the Emotiva Emporium. 

Five minutes later won an auction on Ebay for a pair of Klipsch RB-81 bookshelf speakers and an RC-52 center channel.

Now I just need to find a place to put them...

Tim

• Like 4

How many of you can say that you were a Tuba/Sousaphone guy back in the day?  5 - 7th grade I rolled those 2.  You know, fat kid, find the biggest instrument to make you look smaller!  My folks loved it when I practiced.  Maybe where I got some of my love for the low tones.  I love Piano and strings though.  My Mom used to play Piano and there aren't too many songs that have a solid Piano back that I don't like.

• Like 4

Hey AC!  I can say that!  Played Sousaphone in the high school marching band, and tuba in the concert band..  Soph through Senor years.  I LOVED it..........   When I graduated, the Vietnam ware was still going, I figured I could stay out of front line battle, so I auditioned for the 18th Army band....   Sight read to the fifth piece of music with the director standing over me in a small room....   It was pretty much the end of my skill level...  And so, I went home with tail between legs:blush: war ended........I went to work at a car dealer....

• Like 1

Mr. Schu.............great looking range!   Reminds me of my GE ...  Doesn't have the warming oven section, but is convection...

The big burner here  is 18K and that alone will heat up the kitchen !!!  I would like to see a photo (with lights dimmed) of that big burner fired up on full !  :D   and lets see the range hood that goes with it ?  ;)

I bought a professional Broan........ 30" stainless hood,  1300 cfm   rooftop blower, mates to a TEN inch flue!   The two monster crates are still out in my garage UNopened.   Can't seem to find a pair of contractors to do the job...  :wacko:   It will be going up for sale this spring...sadly..

• Like 1

@TigermanTouche, you were way more accomplished than I ever got.  Yeah, did the Junior Lilac parade where I'm at.  Literally, half of my Junior High was in it.  Honestly, it was a blast.  I can still here "Louie, Louie" in my head.  I remember a performance at the high school that I eventually went to.  One of my valves was stuck on the Sousa, couldn't play the notes.  Tried fixing it during the performance but to no avail.  It really sucked, I wanted to blast the auditorium.

I switched to sports in high school  Baseball and Football.  But, I would always listen to the band when they came in during football games.  Who was hitting and who was missing.  I loved it when they were tight. 

I still remember in 5th grade when I got a brand new Tuba.  Gorgeous instrument, I kept her polished and clean.  Nothing like walking home with that little monster in it's case.  The early overall exposure to live horns, strings, vocals, has created the audio junkie that I am now.  I just wished that I had the dough to build what I want.  I'm creeping, but I'll get there.     

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, teknoid said:

Picked up a very nearly pristine 2001 Mazda Miata. A few ticks less than 56K on the odometer. Not too bad for a 16 year old car. It's the LS edition so it's pretty much loaded option wise.

2001Miata_zps12vbtben.jpg

Jeff,

I can see you now scooting through the twisty roads in the mountains, okay hills, okay more like rises, of lower Central Florida.:P

Bill

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, teknoid said:

Picked up a very nearly pristine 2001 Mazda Miata. A few ticks less than 56K on the odometer. Not too bad for a 16 year old car. It's the LS edition so it's pretty much loaded option wise.

2001Miata_zps12vbtben.jpg

Very nice. I just saw a commercial with the new one, very sporty looking car.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, willland said:

Jeff,

I can see you now scooting through the twisty roads in the mountains, okay hills, okay more like rises, of lower Central Florida.:P

Bill

It's headed to my Brother's vacation home in North Carolina as soon as I can pack a case. Looking forward to tossing it around a few of those twisty mountain roads. 

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!