What I Got Today!

Brac

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I love Italian stainless regardless of the product.

these where the products that my grandfather would sell . He was a parody cigar salesmen . While selling almost all new york state , long island , NYC excluded .. upper western pa ,western mass , and conn.

He would sell the Italian products . To most of his stops along the way !

images.jpg

Previously, I was using a Behringer UCA-202 to convert my USB-SPDIF. For a $30.00 unit it did very good, no complaints.

Making the jump up to the IFI Micro-link was well worth it.

Sound quality jumped up a few notches in clartity/detail and most of all how much smoother the music plays. Highly recommended.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Actually yesterday but... I finally retired the ancient Kodak digital camera that I've been using in favor of an entry level DSLR. It's pretty much the bottom of the line but I got a good deal on it and over the next few months I'll be able to determine if I use it enough to move up the food chain.

Camera.jpg

• Like 2

These I got today. Took the new (to me) Miata out for a drive to have lunch at a local Mom & Pop BBQ joint that I frequent. After lunch I wasn't quite ready to go home so I pointed the Miata at the nearest twisty back woods road I could think of. There are quite a few here in rural Polk County, Florida. When I got to the end I realized that I wasn't all that far from the local Best Buy. It's always fun to bang around the Best Buy store. Who knew they had a small selection of vinyl. 3 of my favorites came home with me but that could easily have been 20 were I not concerned about hitting my daily debit card limit.

I guess I know what I'm doing for entertainment tonight. ;)

Graceland.jpg

Stones.jpg

Zeppelin.jpg

• Like 3

Just picked up a Elac Miracord 50H changer as I wanted a second changer, and found a pair of AR-2Ax speakers at a property I had to clean out. The Miracord was in rough shape, and actually wound up being free.There were damaged wires, broken head shell, and the platter didn't spin. Also in rough shape are the AR speakers.

I decided to paint the plinth until I decide on what to do for one, and also fully restored the table to the best of my ability,this being only the 2nd table I've fully restored. I'm using the table now with a Denon DL-300 cartridge that was upgraded with a new cantilever and linear trace diamond and it's being used through a custom built RCA SUT.  And I'm actually now leaning on keeping the plinth this color even though I know it's not correct or many peoples cup of tea.

The speakers were missing the original 10" drivers, the pots are needing to be redone, and the covers of course were shot. I purchased the new original drivers, some material for the covers, and the correct badges for them. I've started restoring these as well, but they will most likely go to a new home when finished. They still need a lot of work,and I still have to cut the material properly in the rear, but they are coming along. Next will be the cabinets being refinished in the same finish they have now.

Total cost = free

Money invested = $190.00

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

50h2.jpg

ar1.jpg

ar2.jpg

m1.jpg

m3.jpg

• Like 1

IMG_0303_w.jpg.d65c2fd4dd652ebe7666f3a0e5ebb944.jpg    IMG_0305_w.jpg.6473bc87a9cca3220f6f02400b15c7e9.jpg   IMG_0302_w.jpg.dc43189071be972388677cfd289ffff1.jpg

On Saturday I replaced my 150,000-mile-old 2009 Mercury Milan V6 with a 2017 Chevy Volt plug-in hybrid. Much more quick, smooth and nimble than the Milan. Mid-size luxurious, with all the bells-and-whistles. And I know this is heresy, but the Bose factory sound system is a definite step up from the "Moon & Tune" factory system in the Mercury. As a bonus, it looks like I'll be able to fit my (large) drumset in it (though I'm not disassembling it just to find out).

I just need to have an electrician install a dedicated 120V circuit & all-weather outlet so I can slow-charge it in my driveway. (Before you ask, this is Southern California — almost no one parks their cars in their garage. I converted my garage into a recording studio back in 2002.) My employer is installing fast-charging stations at the building where I work. So for now it's burning gas to run the generator and electric motor, but soon I'll be able to make it to work and home again (110 miles total) on two full charges plus just a bit of gas. Should save me about $250 a month at current gas prices.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, richieb said:

Other than Tesla one the better looking electrics. Does Cali offer tax credits and if so does that piggyback 

with the Federal tax credit? I still like my big HP V8 but eventually I could live with that. Cool.

California offers a $1500 rebate that I can claim immediately, the Feds offer up to a $7500 tax credit that I have to claim on next year's tax return. and in addition to installing charging stations my employer offers a $5000 rebate that I get in my next pay period. (Good corporate citizenship, I'd say.)

The toughest thing about getting the Volt was walking around the Chevy dealer's lot looking at all the 2017 Corvettes. I've wanted a Corvette ever since the split-window Stingray first came out when I was 10 years old. But... the 2017 I want stickers at $63K, there are no rebates or tax credits, and it's only around 18 mpg. So it's still just a 'lottery car'.

I agree about the looks. They took the "jellybean" shape and added some real style. I especially like the interior, although the infotainment system can be a real sensory and information overload at first. Have to be careful not to let it become "distract-o-vision".

• Like 2

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!