What I Got Today!

Brac

Didn't really want to do it. But the self propulsion mechanism on the ol' 21" just wasn't making it anymore on this .66 acre of homestead....

So......went to Tractor Supply and loaded this little guy in the Forrester. Took a short test run with it and........I need to learn to walk a bit faster, it seams.

FB_IMG_1492482388886.jpg

Tube awesomeness!

Blackburn Mullard

The level of dimension, separation and "liveliness" this tube added to the NBS is so refreshing and rewarding.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I love when purchases exceed expectations!

• Like 3

^and... How is it?

What were you using before?

What is the noise floor like?

Its good, not going to lie, it is what it is for the price i paid. It replaced my sp6 which has a little different topology with 12au7s. Very clean sounding pre used for casual listening.

I feel that the 128 step volume control adds some floor noise that i am not happy with, which the designer cant quit explain. I am considering swapping out the volume control with my Alps blue potentiometer and see if that helps. This is only present at higher volumes, such as when the volume control goes above 64. Other than that its dead silent.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Wife and i knew we were going to need a new grill this year. She was going to wait and get me one for my birthday, however the weather is calling for us to grill, plus she wanted me to pick it out. I was all ready looking at the Green Mountain pellet smoker, but wanted to look at the Green Egg as well. I eneded up with the Green Mountain as it would be simpler to use when i am not around. I was told after i graduate college next spring which would allow me to grill more, then i can get the green egg. So tonight i made a quick test run and grilled some sliders and skinless brats. Nevermind the messy deck and rusty hot dog roasters, i haven't had much time to power wash everything.

eadfff216c420e1f4e9741b47ec8defa.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!