What I Got Today!

Brac

I its the remote volume control I would be willing to wager... I think the standard 48 step manual Khozmo stepped attenuation would have been ideal.

Yes it has remote volume control. Why would that have anything to do with it? This is my first aatenuator and i am not impreesed.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Yes it has remote volume control. Why would that have anything to do with it? This is my first aatenuator and i am not impreesed.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Because its a powered component in the signal path... its purely conjecture on my part, but I can see it happening.

• Like 1

Kinda looks like the 15" drivers in the Karlson are actually Coaxial models to me....OR they have horn tweeters mounted just ahead of the Woofers' voice coil dust cover...hard to tell in the pics given....but I don't see any mounting bar for separate tweeters across the woofer frame face...so likely coax jobs, or diffuser speakers as they were sometimes called WAY BACK in the day!  Wish I could see the backside of the woofers for manufacturer info!

Kinda looks like the 15" drivers in the Karlson are actually Coaxial models to me....OR they have horn tweeters mounted just ahead of the Woofers' voice coil dust cover...hard to tell in the pics given....but I don't see any mounting bar for separate tweeters across the woofer frame face...so likely coax jobs, or diffuser speakers as they were sometimes called WAY BACK in the day!  Wish I could see the backside of the woofers for manufacturer info!

I Googled S Sound, its on the center horn. To get the back off these huge pressboard things, attached with a LOT of flat blade countersunk wood screws.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Moderators
On 4/17/2017 at 9:37 PM, Mighty Favog said:

Didn't really want to do it. But the self propulsion mechanism on the ol' 21" just wasn't making it anymore on this .66 acre of homestead....

So......went to Tractor Supply and loaded this little guy in the Forrester. Took a short test run with it and........I need to learn to walk a bit faster, it seams.

I laughed when I read that, it reminded me of a long time ago I would cut my aunts grass. She had a honda self propelled, it was two speeds, slow was to slow and fast was almost a jog, I would have to take a break at times to catch my breath on high. Cutting her grass was a real workout.

Went into to BestBuy on Saturday with a $30 gift card to pick up another Apple TV, walked out with a Samsung UN78KS9800. Samsung just re-did their display at our local BestBuy replacing last year's models (2016) with the new 2017s. This was a display model in perfect cosmetic shape. They had it marked down to $2470, retailed for $10k and sold most of the year at $7999. Just couldn't walk away from it and I knew if I decided not to keep it that I could recoup the funds invested quite easily.

So far extremely happy with the TV, however still on the fence whether I will keep it or not.

IMG_3218.JPG

IMG_3219.JPG

IMG_3216.JPG

• Like 1

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!