What I Got Today!

Brac

On 2017-04-25 at 7:08 PM, A1UC said:

Scored these gems brand new in box 40 yrs old , having them gone through.

Accuphase P300 C200 760b77b80bd3c12108c1711482c65f20.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow...... what's the story behind these? How the heck do you find brand new 40 year old amps?????

15 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

BernardLVH your located in China? what are the offerings in hifi there ?

Well seeing that almost everything electronic is made in ShenZhen, China, the selection is pretty good. Lots of vintage gear too. Saw some nice JBL L222 Discos a while back and pretty much everything else. There is a center where all the hifi shops congregate and it's pretty much heaven. They even have a set of those huge Western Electric horn speakers. Also lots of vintage drivers, tubes and all the new stuff too of course. Lots of new Klipsch but little vintage Klipsch. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BernardLVH said:

Had a Honda Del Sol VTech once which is based on the same platform. The cars built on this platform are all time classics and some of the best cars ever made with engines producing the same horse power per liter as Ferraris. It's been a long slide downhill for Honda/Acura ever since. Hope they find their soul again. Hang on to that car. 

You're killing me!  I bought a 95 4 door Integra GSR loaded new...  knew I'd regret selling at the time but couldn't fit the family in it anymore and I was cash poor.  The kids are quick to remind me that I had promised it to them when they were 16.  I took care of that car like I was going to keep it forever.  Had new leather, tires, clear coat and more when I sold it... I'm just making myself sad.   With the rear spoiler I think it looked even better than the 2 door... and you could actually sit in the back seat.   

3 minutes ago, muel said:

You're killing me!  I bought a 95 4 door Integra GSR loaded new...  knew I'd regret selling at the time but couldn't fit the family in it anymore and I was cash poor.  The kids are quick to remind me that I had promised it to them when they were 16.  I took care of that car like I was going to keep it forever.  Had new leather, tires, clear coat and more when I sold it... I'm just making myself sad.   With the rear spoiler I think it looked even better than the 2 door... and you could actually sit in the back seat.   

The sound of that VTech engine when you start it and then let it rip to it's 8200 RPM redline.............

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BernardLVH said:

Well seeing that almost everything electronic is made in ShenZhen, China, the selection is pretty good. Lots of vintage gear too. Saw some nice JBL L222 Discos a while back and pretty much everything else. There is a center where all the hifi shops congregate and it's pretty much heaven. They even have a set of those huge Western Electric horn speakers. Also lots of vintage drivers, tubes and all the new stuff too of course. Lots of new Klipsch but little vintage Klipsch. 

are you able to listen to the western electric 's ??? and if you can

post your findings here on what they sound like..and the other vintage

gear..and what it cost to have vintage American gear there...

thanks. 

6 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

are you able to listen to the western electric 's ??? and if you can

post your findings here on what they sound like..and the other vintage

gear..and what it cost to have vintage American gear there...

thanks. 

I heard them briefly and they sound really good. Surprisingly so despite their age. In the store, which is packed with gear, the sound doesn't seem to be coming from the speakers. And they have a very nice midrange. Hard to describe further without using my reference CDs which are back home in Canada. This summer I'll have some free time and create a thread with pics of audio nirvana in China. Prices are typical retail. They need their mark up to pay the rent I guess. Lots of Chinese tube gear of course such as ShanLing. Which makes some really nice gear for reasonable prices. Promise I'll create a post with plenty of pics when I get a chance. 

Speaking of Variable Timing Electronic Control...

Original owner of the very rare 1992 GS-R... B17a

3422069786_1d24b83b9d_o.jpg

4907405827_b9c7758e61_o.jpg

4907999152_51835225d3_o.jpg

4907989174_d0dc0058c5_o.jpg

4907393105_17429f9677_o.jpg

4907395679_d1cf81bc85_o.jpg

I bought it fresh off the showroom floor in 1992 for 25k otd... in 1992 dollars.

By the time I was done, it was back halfed in FAL lexan, wore big four piston wilwoods (long before it was trendy), sprung on custom koni 2812 thread body shocks with hyperco springs, made around 185whp and weighted in around 2100lbs... a VERY fun car to drive

3833603585_c966cb9ed5_o.jpg

• Like 4

On 4/29/2017 at 0:02 AM, Schu said:

Wow, look at the great photo shoot!

Someone's proud of their wheels.  B)

On 4/28/2017 at 9:02 PM, Schu said:

I bought it fresh off the showroom floor in 1992 for 25k otd... in 1992 dollars.

By the time I was done, it was back halfed in FAL lexan, wore big four piston wilwoods (long before it was trendy), sprung on custom koni 2812 thread body shocks with hyperco springs, made around 185whp and weighted in around 2100lbs... a VERY fun car to drive

Nice.  I had a red 96 Eclipse GSX with all the bells-and-whistles.  Had a little under 20K on it when I bought it.  Sold it with 76K on it.  Had intake, 3" from the turbo back, etc.  Unfortunately, the 4G63 was known for crank walk.  GSX's were heavy though.  3,150 lbs, or so, dry.  Stock was 210 hp/215 tq with the manual.  I had it at about 235 to 240 hp.  Got rid of it thinking I was getting close to the repair.  Kind of miss it though.

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!