What I Got Today!

Brac

Thanks Guys - 

As you know Steven sometimes things kind of "sneak" their way to the listening room so Linda has yet to hear it, or see it,  or even know about it for that matter. But no worries I'm sure she will just love it ?!

Difficult bringing in Heritage models under the cover of darkness, the Jubes caught her attention and if Chief Bonehead develops a 1202 sub I'm damn sure That will be noticed??! 

• Like 1

Some more termaters, a few peppers, and a hint of the figgy goodness to come. Teaspoon for size reference.

(If you look really close, you can see Paul McCartney deflected in the spoon. Or not.)

IMG_0268.thumb.JPG.a02ee79ebbc57c0683e929c03ac91c05.JPGIMG_0260.thumb.JPG.d30dce99d26ab0bdb453cd7c7f792360.JPG

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Innocent_George said:

Glass for my C34V f643713e291af23e63270bff3eb8f49a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be mighty careful putting that on....Have you talked to Tom Manley at mcintoshaudio.com?  If not, you should.  He will give you some good tips and advice, and how NOT to break the glass.....

I'll give him a call. Want to "upgrade" to LEDs but don't know how that will work with the narrow plate. Any ideas ?

6d17dd7c9a06aba419bb402cdcf74cac.jpg

Seems to me that I would be running new wire or soldering into the brown sockets. Both of which I'd rather not do.

Edit: sorry for the mess. Have a lot of equipment and parts coming in for my LaScalas and stereo system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure he would recommend that, but, I would definitely recommend calling him.  BTW....take notes.

Also bought a second piece just in case. I heard they only run reproductions every so often. This time I guess I was lucky they had them in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Taptalk

When I ordered some glass I was told that when a new production run was completed consumer orders for glass were manufactured. I ordered, waited a while, got a call to verify I was still wanting it and then within a couple of days I received it.

On 5/18/2017 at 9:00 AM, opusk2k9 said:

Picked up (2) Devialet Phantom silver speakers with dialogue and remote.

Crazy specs and small footprint.  They are about 6 months old with original packing materials.

I've seen those before and they're certainly interesting looking. How do they sound?

47 minutes ago, Grizzog said:

I've seen those before and they're certainly interesting looking. How do they sound?

They were easy to setup and get working in stereo mode.  I only used bluetooth streaming from my iPhone thus far.

My hearing isn't what it used to be with my hearing loss and tinnitus and it was late, so I could play too loud.

I was very impressed with them for my limited listening time, nice and clear.  I will need to crank them up and really test them out this weekend.

I got a great deal on them, so I figured that I should give them a try. 

3 hours ago, Grizzog said:

I cranked them up a bit this morning.  I was impressed their sound and the bass.

I need to try some movie trailers this weekend to really test out the bass response, but thus far, I am impress.

I wouldn't be able justify retail prices for them, but for their size, they are very impressive.

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!