What I Got Today!

Brac

2 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Got home a couple of hours ago after an 11 hour day of driving, loading, unloading of my first pair of La Scalas. Installed CT-120 tweeters and A-55G mods that conveniently arrived this morning. Had lunch with Mallette.  I've had RF-5's, Cornwalls, H2's.. I very much like these new speakers and will be settled on them for quite a bit. :)

Congrats on the La Scala.  They are definitely one of my favorite Klipsch.

8 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Got home a couple of hours ago after an 11 hour day of driving, loading, unloading of my first pair of La Scalas. Installed CT-120 tweeters and A-55G mids that conveniently arrived this morning. Had lunch with Mallette.  I've had RF-5's, Cornwalls, H2's.. I very much like these new speakers and will be settled on them for quite a bit. :)

It's about time.

Yesterday near Klipsch HQ from Jimjimbo (THANKS BUDDY!! ENJOY THE SKYLINE!) 81' HWO's

....and from e-Pray a vintage Technics SA-404 (need to replace all the scale bulbs so they match) to go with a pair of Technics SB-7's that the HWO's replaced. Dayton caps on order for the SB-7's.

20170527_121549.jpg

20170527_121558.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mighty Favog said:

Yesterday near Klipsch HQ from Jimjimbo (THANKS BUDDY!! ENJOY THE SKYLINE!) 81' HWO's

Do you bribe everyone with the Skyline? :D

I just had a cap go out in my Moondogs... Now I am thinking I should replace a few specific ones in BOTH amps, just so everything will match. Have to save up for them though.

Bruce

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Do you bribe everyone with the Skyline? :D

I just had a cap go out in my Moondogs... Now I am thinking I should replace a few specific ones in BOTH amps, just so everything will match. Have to save up for them though.

Bruce

LOL!!  Jim brought the HWO's to Indy while he is staying there and I picked them up from him there. It shaved about 4-hours of driving time for me and that was my appreciation gift. :) 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mighty Favog said:

LOL!!  Jim brought the HWO's to Indy while he is staying there and I picked them up from him there. It shaved about 4-hours of driving time for me and that was my appreciation gift. :) 

It was absolutely my pleasure to meet you and your friend.  Thank you again for the Skyline, a very nice thing to do.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

what is the Skyline..unless you got an entire car simply for saving him 4 hours of drive time..

LOL! Sorry, it's not a Nissan. But like Bruce said, it's a family owned chili restaurant chain that's been around since the late 40's that pretty much got a cult following in the Cincinnati area. :)

http://www.skylinechili.com/

• Like 1

On 5/25/2017 at 9:36 AM, Thaddeus Smith said:

Morgan helped me unload and then went to bed. She came downstairs this morning expecting to hate them, but I got a big smile and thumbs up.

After 5 days she says "i think these are my favorite ones so far".. that's after RF-5s, Cornwalls, KP-201's.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

After 5 days she says "i think these are my favorite ones so far".. that's after RF-5s, Cornwalls, KP-201's.

My wife had a similar reaction, though hers was more related to the appearance than the sound. For years she kvetched about my "giant speakers" (Heresy's) being in the way. When resurrecting my rig, I found a set of black Forte speakers and showed a pic to her. "They're not going in my house. What do you really want?"  I told her La Scala, and showed her an ad or some available locally. I told her they were "yuge" and budget busters, but she said let's go hear them. Five hours later they were playing in my front room. 

From Heresy being too big, to La Scala being a good fit. Boy did I get a good wife.

• Like 5

On 5/29/2017 at 8:37 AM, Ceptorman said:

MMMMMM....Skyline...I'm driving to Cincy

They have (had?) one in Indy.  I'm guessing that's where they met.

If I recall, it's fairly near the Klipsch HQ though I don't recall the exact location now.  (been there a couple times while going to Klipsch in Indy)

5 minutes ago, Coytee said:

They have (had?) one in Indy.  I'm guessing that's where they met.

If I recall, it's fairly near the Klipsch HQ though I don't recall the exact location now.  (been there a couple times while going to Klipsch in Indy)

Actually, there are three Skyline locations in the Indy area, but we didn't meet there.  The Mighty Favog was kind enough to bring me 4 cans of chili, some oyster crackers, and Skyline hotsauce.  Good stuff.

The very first Skyline was about 5-blocks from my house where I grew up. Would ride my skateboard there and back in under 15-minutes with food in hand for all that was hanging out on Tim's front porch that night. Then, of course, you knew everyone that was working there.

:P You can tell when you go into one that they know what they're doing if tell them you want "Two with cheese, light onion" and they don't ask "Two what?". LOL!!

Skyline was kinda like our Mel's Diner from American Grafitti. After all, we lived that movie.

• Like 2

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!