What I Got Today!

Brac

• Moderators
On 5/28/2017 at 8:26 PM, JBCODD said:

What do you really want?"  I told her La Scala, and showed her an ad or some available locally. I told her they were "yuge" and budget busters, but she said let's go hear them. Five hours later they were playing in my front room. 

From Heresy being too big, to La Scala being a good fit. Boy did I get a good wife.

Good wife, so she was sold on the LaScala sound, they were worth the size, but the Heresy didn't perform well enough for there size. 

Well she does have good standards, if your going to take up space in the living room you better perform and make me happy. :D

Apparently JB's performance is up to standards, he can stay also, well done JB.  :o:lol:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

Another pair of mahogany 30's...?  Aww, you poor soul.....

Yep, Suffering over here. :D

I need to sell some stuff to pay for my purchases.

I posted some walnut Heresy and a pair of black quartets locally.

I will be posting a black KLF-C7 or two locally soon. 

On May 28, 2017 at 8:26 PM, JBCODD said:

My wife had a similar reaction, though hers was more related to the appearance than the sound. For years she kvetched about my "giant speakers" (Heresy's) being in the way. When resurrecting my rig, I found a set of black Forte speakers and showed a pic to her. "They're not going in my house. What do you really want?"  I told her La Scala, and showed her an ad or some available locally. I told her they were "yuge" and budget busters, but she said let's go hear them. Five hours later they were playing in my front room. 

From Heresy being too big, to La Scala being a good fit. Boy did I get a good wife.

Well I hate to play "Top that Wife" but mine has been through Heresy's, twice, Forte 1 and 2, Cornwalls, Belles, KHorns, RB75's and now Jubes. Among a wide variety of other brands from Magnepan to Mirage to Triangle etc. etc. It is her belief I, we, have reached the top. And I can't argue with that ---

• Moderators
1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

That's why you installed that pole in there.

Well it was not my original optimistic idea which usually only comes true in my head.

18 minutes ago, richieb said:

Dtel on a pole?! I'll let you observe and confirm OT. That's something I'd rather not witness nor is it on my bucket list --!

I can not blame you at all, that would even be enough to ruin a good bucket list. Turning 60 years old in 4 months I couldn't even get the old ladies in nursing home interested, they would say no thanks I'm good. :(:lol:

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, richieb said:

Well I hate to play "Top that Wife" but mine has been through Heresy's, twice, Forte 1 and 2, Cornwalls, Belles, KHorns, RB75's and now Jubes. Among a wide variety of other brands from Magnepan to Mirage to Triangle etc. etc. It is her belief I, we, have reached the top. And I can't argue with that ---

Sounds like you have a good wife, I love hearing people say that. I never did get that idea of (not in my house bs), never did understand that, it's both of you, not one making the rules, or it should be. Well in most cases, there are a few exceptions, but good god more than one wife, not me.    

6 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

You both climbed the pole?

That would be worth seeing. :o

sorry couldn't help it 

41 minutes ago, richieb said:

OK Oldtimer - you attend next years Pilgrammage where you never know what might happen? A pole? Dtel? Me? One never knows --! And with Carl shaking things up you wouldn't remember anyway --!

Carl mentioned you might bring some carpeting from Adele?

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!