Small room: cinema8 or RB41+RC42+RS42?

Edward11

Hi Klipschers, I need a decision to make:

My room is quite small: 10foot*10foot, and I use my computer to watch movies. The RB41 (RSX4) and RC42(RCX4) will be 2 feet away from me.

In this sitting position, which will be better for me? I know the RC42 will be better than te RCX4 because of the size and deep lows. But for my sitting position, will the 2 foot be too short for RC42? I did a lot of reserch but I can not find the answer.

Please help me out! If you have ever listened to them, that will be great! Any suggestions are great appreciated. Thanks!

I would recommend the Quintets for this setup, very similar in size and performance to the RSXs however they are easier to come by therefore better deals to be had. I just picked up a like new set for my home office which is 6.5' X 9'. I'm just using 2 of the quintets in a stereo setup because of the size of the room and the way that I have it laid out. In a 10' X 10' room the quintets will perform amazingly trust me. These will also outperform any of the HDT300, 500, or 1000. I picked up my like new 5 speaker set of Quintet IVs on the bay for $180 shipped which sell for $549 at BestBuy. The quintet system doesn't include a sub with the system but the money you'll save can be used to pick one out that will also outperform the ones Klipsch include in the HDT series. Here's a pic of my setup, I'm using another pair in my bedroom for a stereo setup also. It's a great sounding speaker for the package and price. I've also seen several of the Quintet III systems for sale with Klipsch Sub10s or Sub12s from $300-$400 which is an outstanding price/performance ratio. The only difference between the Quintet III and IV I believe is a different style horn.

post-53316-1381969140162_thumb.jpg

I haven't heard the cinema 8 so I can't compare the RSX-4 or RSX-5 to the quintets but I have heard the cinema 6 and honestly don't think there is a difference. Even if you look at the specs of both the quintet iv speaker and a RSX-3 they are nearly identical. I wouldn't doubt the cinema 8 sounds better but it's also hard to find and still fairly expensive in the ones you do find. I know I shopped them for a few weeks with no luck so ended up going with quintets. Besides the guys room is 10 x 10, any of these systems are going to more than fill his room nicely, just wanted to try and save him a buck, make a recommendation he wasn't considering, and make a recommendation that is much easier to shop due to how many of the quintets are for sale.

I have heard the cinema 6 and honestly don't think there is a difference.

Hi Johnny, thank you very much for the detailed help. Someone told me the sound of cinema series is similar to the reference series whereas the quintet has a different sound. Since you have compared the RSX-3 with the quintet, is that true? How much difference do they have? Thanks again!